Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Where is everyone

This used to be a fairly active group. In recent months, it seems to
have dwindled considerably.

Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs, or is it just a
summer recess.

Wes
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:58:31 -0400, Wes > wrote:

>This used to be a fairly active group. In recent months, it seems to
>have dwindled considerably.
>
>Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs, or is it just a
>summer recess.
>
>Wes

I has not been active in years. It gets a few threads sporadically,
then fizzles out into silence again for weeks or months.

Try alt.bread.recipes. There are usually a few posts most days over
there, and no one would decry a sourdough discussion.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 6/24/2011 9:11 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:58:31 -0400, > wrote:
>
>> This used to be a fairly active group. In recent months, it seems to
>> have dwindled considerably.
>>
>> Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs, or is it just a
>> summer recess.
>>
>> Wes

> I has not been active in years. It gets a few threads sporadically,
> then fizzles out into silence again for weeks or months.
>
> Try alt.bread.recipes. There are usually a few posts most days over
> there, and no one would decry a sourdough discussion.
>
> Boron

Thanks. I'll try that
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Jun 24, 8:58*am, Wes > wrote:
> This used to be a fairly active group. *In recent months, it seems to
> have dwindled considerably.

Used to be some pretty good flame wars here, and that kept
things sparkling.

Now it seems that everybody has become polite.

> Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs, or is it just a
> summer recess.

I still do it the way I always did. ( What a bore! )

http://mysite.verizon.net/dickya/dickpics/billowy.html

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 05:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Dick Adams
> wrote:

>On Jun 24, 8:58*am, Wes > wrote:
>> This used to be a fairly active group. *In recent months, it seems to
>> have dwindled considerably.

>Used to be some pretty good flame wars here, and that kept
>things sparkling.

Yeah, I miss that. At least we learnt some new stuff.

>Now it seems that everybody has become polite.
>
>> Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs, or is it just a
>> summer recess.

>I still do it the way I always did. ( What a bore! )

Me too.

>http://mysite.verizon.net/dickya/dickpics/billowy.html

Nice bread.
[]'s

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Jun 24, 8:58*am, Wes > wrote:

Wes said: "Has everyone stopped making great sourdough foodstuffs"

I am still making satisfying sourdough creations. I check in now and
then to see if anything is new here aside for the spam sales junk.
There's a lot of info here...

I learned all I know from this group and am very appreciative.

Lucy
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Check out the recipes I posted