Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default What do I know?

Did anybody know that you need some wild summac to start a culture?
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...brooklyn-bred/
Neither did I.
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 08:43:04 -0700 (PDT), Dick Adams
> wrote:

>Did anybody know that you need some wild summac to start a culture?
>http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...brooklyn-bred/
>Neither did I.

Guy's an expert in nonfiction, so it must be TRUE!!!

"Ava Chin, a professor of creative nonfiction and journalism
at the College of Staten Island, lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn."

WTF do I get wild serviceberries AKA shadblow berries ? This
brings a whole new science to the making of a sourdough starter !!!

Why gone so long, Dick ?
[]'s
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Oct 17, 8:15*pm, Shadow > wrote:
>Why gone so long, Dick ?

I still look every now and then.
But only when I need new sneakers.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT), Dick Adams
> wrote:

>On Oct 17, 8:15*pm, Shadow > wrote:
>>Why gone so long, Dick ?

>I still look every now and then.
>But only when I need new sneakers.

Try nntp.aioe.org with a decent newsreader.(your thunderbird
will work)
Spam clear.
Free service.
http://news.aioe.org/ <---- faqs etc
about as hard as making a starter (without the berries)
You can choose to use encryption too, if you are on an open
wireless network.
On topic, if that's whats killing the group. I see no ads at
all.
[]'s
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Oct 17, 10:43*am, Dick Adams > wrote:
> Did anybody know that you need some wild summac to start a culture?http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ger-free-roami...
> Neither did I.

What we need to find is a way to create a sourdough starter from spam.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

hutchndi wrote:
> On Oct 17, 10:43 am, Dick Adams > wrote:
>> Did anybody know that you need some wild summac to start a
>> culture?http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ger-free-roami...
>> Neither did I.

> What we need to find is a way to create a sourdough starter from spam.

Yeah, but what would we do with so much starter? (:-o)!

Dusty
--
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual
ignorance." -- Henry Louis Mencken

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:19:11 -0800, "BakerBoy"
> wrote:

>> What we need to find is a way to create a sourdough starter from spam.

>Yeah, but what would we do with so much starter? (:-o)!

Pancakes are OK. And they would be nice and light with all the
hot air that comes with spam.
[]'s
Member

I visit your given link there is very useful information.
I really impress with your work and i hope you continue it.