Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Cough .... Pao de Cristo starter.

I renew my offer to Sam of the "Pao de Cristo" starter, should
he come to Brazil. It is really amazing, a glass of it was sitting in
my fridge for over 8 months, no feeding, and it activated, and made
"good" bread in under 48 hours.
Not as nice as my "real" sourdough, but well worth having. I'm
interested in discovering what it's made of. It's faster than
commercial yeast, yet never seems to go bad.
Just keeping the rfs alive too ......
[]'s
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 1 Aug, 12:33, Shadow > wrote:
> * * * * I renew my offer to Sam of the "Pao de Cristo" starter, should
> he come to Brazil. It is really amazing, a glass of it was sitting in
> my fridge for over 8 months, no feeding, and it activated, and made
> "good" bread in under 48 hours.
> * * * * Not as nice as my "real" sourdough, but well worth having.. I'm
> interested in discovering what it's made of. It's faster than
> commercial yeast, yet never seems to go bad.
> * * * * Just keeping the rfs alive too ......
> * * * * []'s

Any possibility you could post some to the UK for me? Please?
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:47:03 -0700 (PDT), Lee >
wrote:

>On 1 Aug, 12:33, Shadow > wrote:
>> * * * * I renew my offer to Sam of the "Pao de Cristo" starter, should
>> he come to Brazil. It is really amazing, a glass of it was sitting in
>> my fridge for over 8 months, no feeding, and it activated, and made
>> "good" bread in under 48 hours.
>> * * * * Not as nice as my "real" sourdough, but well worth having. I'm
>> interested in discovering what it's made of. It's faster than
>> commercial yeast, yet never seems to go bad.
>> * * * * Just keeping the rfs alive too ......

>Any possibility you could post some to the UK for me? Please?

Sorry, customs will not allow it. And it's very liquid, I'd
need to send it in a bottle. I offered it to Sam as he occasionally
comes to Brazil. And he loves studying that kind of stuff.
But it does not do "real" sourdough. It's more like a very
fast commercial yeast.
[]'s