Dick Adams

Default Today's loaves at zippy-i

http://www.zippyimages.com/files/126...owy17OCT04.jpg

per http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/di...structions.doc

Fear not the popups!
Gary Woods

"Dick Adams" > wrote:

>Fear not the popups!

Popups? What popups?

Firefox is good. Firefox is our friend.

The loaves are just lovely, too!

Dick Adams

"Gary Woods" > wrote in message =

> Popups? What popups?

One encounters popups uploading images. But a popup stopper
stops most. I checked it again today. We are safe. Thank George!

http://www.zippyimages.com/files/126...ice17OCT04.jpg

(scan of slice thru center of loaf shown yesterday)

--
DickA

Dick Adams

"Gary Woods" > wrote in message =

> Popups? What popups?

One encounters popups uploading images. But a popup stopper
stops most. I checked it again today. We are safe. Thank George!

http://www.zippyimages.com/files/126...ice17OCT04.jpg

(scan of slice thru center of loaf shown yesterday)

--
DickA

Ed Bechtel

<< One encounters popups uploading images. But a popup stopper
stops most. I checked it again today. We are safe. Thank George!

http://www.zippyimages.com/files/126...ice17OCT04.jpg >>

Very nice pan bread. I am still amazed at the total loft as well as the nice
top browning you obtain with your pan loaves. I have had great success with the
Billowy (TM) loaves in free-form shape, but my pan attempts did not look
anything like these.

Next time post image of smiling face on scanner with poppy seeds lodged in
smile.

Ed Bechtel

Dick Adams

"Ed Bechtel" > wrote in message =

> http://www.zippyimages.com/files/126...ice17OCT04.jpg >>
>=20
> Very nice pan bread.

Thank you.

> I am still amazed at the total loft as well as the nice top browning=20
> you obtain with your pan loaves. I have had great success with the
> Billowy (TM) loaves in free-form shape, but my pan attempts did=20
> not look anything like these.

The important things, it seems to me, are that 1. the starter and sponge
are optimally active and 2. that the dough is properly developed. There
is a factor of dumb luck involved in those items. If the dough does not
ferment as far as real sour, there should be enough sugars left for good
browning of the crust. High enough oven temperature is important.

In the instructions I wrote "Success is very dependent on building the=20
fermentational activity in a well-timed manner, very similar to building =

a campfire from tinder". I wish I could describe how I do that better
when success is better, but so far it continues to be a bit of a =
crapshoot.=20

> Next time post image of smiling face on scanner with poppy seeds=20
> lodged in smile.

When it comes to poppy seeds, a good way to do it is to spritz the
unrisen loaf and push the top into seeds spread on a surface. Then
a pattern develops after the loaf has been cut and baked. I suppose
one might attempt a self-portrait or a pumpkin face. I am not sure
I understood the question.

---
DickA

Dick Adams

Zippy joins the Tea Party dogma_i Tea 0 02-07-2010 11:24 AM
zippy green beans Sheryl General Cooking 3 01-07-2010 06:43 PM
REC - Braised Mushrooms / Zippy Carrots - RFC Cookbook page 21 Rusty[_1_] Recipes 0 09-03-2009 05:00 AM
Zippy on Cooking Shows Mark Thorson General Cooking 2 18-11-2006 12:40 PM
Zippy the Pinhead Default User Barbecue 2 22-05-2004 11:05 PM