Old 07-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Ginny

Default moonshine cake

Does anyone here have a recipe for the starter to make "Moonshine"
cake........I made and shared it with a few Church members years ago and you
need 5 or 7 members to share the total with ..I can't find the recipe among
my treasures ......does anyone have it to share with me.....thanks
.....please email me off list .

Old 07-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Kenneth

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:28:01 GMT, "Ginny" wrote:

Does anyone here have a recipe for the starter to make "Moonshine"
cake........I made and shared it with a few Church members years ago and you
need 5 or 7 members to share the total with ..I can't find the recipe among
my treasures ......does anyone have it to share with me.....thanks
....please email me off list .

Howdy,

http://tinyurl.com/6q9wr

HTH,

--
Kenneth

Old 07-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Dave Bell

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Kenneth wrote:

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:28:01 GMT, "Ginny" wrote:

Does anyone here have a recipe for the starter to make "Moonshine"
cake........I made and shared it with a few Church members years ago and you
need 5 or 7 members to share the total with ..I can't find the recipe among
my treasures ......does anyone have it to share with me.....thanks
....please email me off list .

Howdy,

http://tinyurl.com/6q9wr

HTH,

--
Kenneth

I think this is more like what Ginny wanted:
http://www.fitsmybudget.net/recipes/...shine_cake.htm

Dave

Old 07-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Kenneth

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:35:58 -0700, Dave Bell
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Kenneth wrote:

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:28:01 GMT, "Ginny" wrote:

Does anyone here have a recipe for the starter to make "Moonshine"
cake........I made and shared it with a few Church members years ago and you
need 5 or 7 members to share the total with ..I can't find the recipe among
my treasures ......does anyone have it to share with me.....thanks
....please email me off list .

Howdy,

http://tinyurl.com/6q9wr

HTH,

--
Kenneth

I think this is more like what Ginny wanted:
http://www.fitsmybudget.net/recipes/...shine_cake.htm

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well, no... She wants to know how to make the starter.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Old 07-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Dave Bell

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Kenneth wrote:

I think this is more like what Ginny wanted:
http://www.fitsmybudget.net/recipes/...shine_cake.htm

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well, no... She wants to know how to make the starter.

Well, it's a *start*, if not a *starter*!
These hootch-mosters have to start somewhere, I'd expect naturally
occuring yeastes on the fruit would be all that's necessary to get things
going. The first time, it would just take a bit longer to stabilize.

Dave

Old 07-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Kenneth

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:48:07 -0700, Dave Bell
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Kenneth wrote:

I think this is more like what Ginny wanted:
http://www.fitsmybudget.net/recipes/...shine_cake.htm

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well, no... She wants to know how to make the starter.

Well, it's a *start*, if not a *starter*!
These hootch-mosters have to start somewhere, I'd expect naturally
occuring yeastes on the fruit would be all that's necessary to get things
going. The first time, it would just take a bit longer to stabilize.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Of course, you might be right...

I was just passing along the comment that the OP sent to me via email.
I connected her to what I thought to be the recipe she wanted, but she
told me that it was the "starter" recipe that was her quest.

All the best,

--
Kenneth