Wcsjohn

>"Wcsjohn" > wrote in message =
>
>> > http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...ead/index.html

>> Nice crumb for a quick bread.

>Thanks.
>
>T'was a yeast bread. Quick breads are those risen by chemical action,
>as I understand it.

The term "quickly-made bread" would, indeed, have been more appropriate in
this context.

>> Thank you for a fine example of a gnomic utterance ... but you say it =

>in=20
>> such an embroidered way, adding a mock deprecatory injunction to=20
>> ignore your suggestion, that the meaning is lost in verbal persilage.

>Persiflage?! (with an 'f')

Correct, I am as I said earlier, human and I make typos.

>Inasmuch as meanings are bound to get lost or mangled,

A self fulfilling prophecy given your posting style.

> it is well it=20
>happens in an ornate, or otherwise entertaining, manner.

Is this a new usage of the word "entertaining"?

>"williamwaller" > admonished in message =
>news:mailman.26.1094415680.1141.rec.food.sourdoug ...
>with regard to my post =

>>Read the fine print in that post. I saw the words: bread machine.

>Actually >cheap bread machine<.
>
>It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and extrapolation
is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>Kneading with
>a bread machine is very thorough, quite easy, and entirely appropriate
>to experimental quantities of dough, or even sourdough, which was=20
>not a subject of my post. If one were motivated to stand aghast at=20
>some such issue, my rhetorical application of yeast dough would=20
>better serve.=20
>
>> BM users, even in the "tenor of their twilight years" (a simply
>> beautiful phrase) don't chill.

>Like the gnomic allusion, it seems to be a lame attempt at senior =
>bashing. =20

Not "attempted senior bashing" but " attempted bashing of one particular
senior". As for lameness, first cast off the calipers on your own legs.

>Neither poetic nor cogent.

It's not poetic but ironic, and it was not intended to be cogent but
dismissive.

John

Wcsjohn

>"Wcsjohn" > wrote in message =
>
>> > http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...ead/index.html

>> Nice crumb for a quick bread.

>Thanks.
>
>T'was a yeast bread. Quick breads are those risen by chemical action,
>as I understand it.

The term "quickly-made bread" would, indeed, have been more appropriate in
this context.

>> Thank you for a fine example of a gnomic utterance ... but you say it =

>in=20
>> such an embroidered way, adding a mock deprecatory injunction to=20
>> ignore your suggestion, that the meaning is lost in verbal persilage.

>Persiflage?! (with an 'f')

Correct, I am as I said earlier, human and I make typos.

>Inasmuch as meanings are bound to get lost or mangled,

A self fulfilling prophecy given your posting style.

> it is well it=20
>happens in an ornate, or otherwise entertaining, manner.

Is this a new usage of the word "entertaining"?

>"williamwaller" > admonished in message =
>news:mailman.26.1094415680.1141.rec.food.sourdoug ...
>with regard to my post =

>>Read the fine print in that post. I saw the words: bread machine.

>Actually >cheap bread machine<.
>
>It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and extrapolation
is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>Kneading with
>a bread machine is very thorough, quite easy, and entirely appropriate
>to experimental quantities of dough, or even sourdough, which was=20
>not a subject of my post. If one were motivated to stand aghast at=20
>some such issue, my rhetorical application of yeast dough would=20
>better serve.=20
>
>> BM users, even in the "tenor of their twilight years" (a simply
>> beautiful phrase) don't chill.

>Like the gnomic allusion, it seems to be a lame attempt at senior =
>bashing. =20

Not "attempted senior bashing" but " attempted bashing of one particular
senior". As for lameness, first cast off the calipers on your own legs.

>Neither poetic nor cogent.

It's not poetic but ironic, and it was not intended to be cogent but
dismissive.

John

Wcsjohn

>"Wcsjohn" > wrote in message =
>
>> > http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...ead/index.html

>> Nice crumb for a quick bread.

>Thanks.
>
>T'was a yeast bread. Quick breads are those risen by chemical action,
>as I understand it.

The term "quickly-made bread" would, indeed, have been more appropriate in
this context.

>> Thank you for a fine example of a gnomic utterance ... but you say it =

>in=20
>> such an embroidered way, adding a mock deprecatory injunction to=20
>> ignore your suggestion, that the meaning is lost in verbal persilage.

>Persiflage?! (with an 'f')

Correct, I am as I said earlier, human and I make typos.

>Inasmuch as meanings are bound to get lost or mangled,

A self fulfilling prophecy given your posting style.

> it is well it=20
>happens in an ornate, or otherwise entertaining, manner.

Is this a new usage of the word "entertaining"?

>"williamwaller" > admonished in message =
>news:mailman.26.1094415680.1141.rec.food.sourdoug ...
>with regard to my post =

>>Read the fine print in that post. I saw the words: bread machine.

>Actually >cheap bread machine<.
>
>It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and extrapolation
is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>Kneading with
>a bread machine is very thorough, quite easy, and entirely appropriate
>to experimental quantities of dough, or even sourdough, which was=20
>not a subject of my post. If one were motivated to stand aghast at=20
>some such issue, my rhetorical application of yeast dough would=20
>better serve.=20
>
>> BM users, even in the "tenor of their twilight years" (a simply
>> beautiful phrase) don't chill.

>Like the gnomic allusion, it seems to be a lame attempt at senior =
>bashing. =20

Not "attempted senior bashing" but " attempted bashing of one particular
senior". As for lameness, first cast off the calipers on your own legs.

>Neither poetic nor cogent.

It's not poetic but ironic, and it was not intended to be cogent but
dismissive.

John

williamwaller

<snip>

>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
> extrapolation
> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.

The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.

Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!

Will

williamwaller

<snip>

>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
> extrapolation
> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.

The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.

Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!

Will

williamwaller

<snip>

>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
> extrapolation
> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.

The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.

Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!

Will

Wcsjohn

>>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

>> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
>> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
>> extrapolation
>> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
>It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
>(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
>minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.
>
>The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
>"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.
>
>Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
>list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!
>
>Will

Spell checkers are for wimps<g>

John
Wcsjohn

>>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

>> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
>> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
>> extrapolation
>> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
>It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
>(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
>minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.
>
>The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
>"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.
>
>Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
>list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!
>
>Will

Spell checkers are for wimps<g>

John
Wcsjohn

>>> It was about inductive cognition. One might anticipate the outcome
>>> of a long, cold process via a quick warm experiment.

>> One might indeed but one would be wrong. The temperature of a dough affects
>> more than the simple reaction rates of any chemical processes and
>> extrapolation
>> is a risky process when applied to complex systems such as bread dough.

>I have pondered the meaning of "inductive cognition" for several hours now.
>It has gently carried me through one of my bowls of lactose enhanced cereal
>(Thanks Roy), the mixing of some old dough into pizza dough and even the 30
>minutes I sat and sweated profusely in the sauna.
>
>The words don't quite fit what Dick is doing... Dick has made a
>"conjecture". Cognition has to do with understanding.
>
>Note to newbies lurking: Bone up on epistemology before getting ripped in a
>list of take-no-prisoners bread advisors. And use a spell checker!
>
>Will

Spell checkers are for wimps<g>

John
Dave Bell

Wcsjohn wrote:

> Spell checkers are for wimps<g>
>
> John

What the heck does Dark Matter have to do with this?

Dave

Dave Bell

Wcsjohn wrote:

> Spell checkers are for wimps<g>
>
> John

What the heck does Dark Matter have to do with this?

Dave
Dave Bell

Wcsjohn wrote:

> Spell checkers are for wimps<g>
>
> John

What the heck does Dark Matter have to do with this?

Dave
Wcsjohn

>Wcsjohn wrote:
>
>> Spell checkers are for wimps<g>
>>
>> John

>What the heck does Dark Matter have to do with this?
>
>Dave

"Wildly irresponsible malicious postings" not "weakly interacting massive
particles"<g>

John

Wcsjohn

>Wcsjohn wrote:
>
>> Spell checkers are for wimps<g>
>>
>> John

>What the heck does Dark Matter have to do with this?
>
>Dave

"Wildly irresponsible malicious postings" not "weakly interacting massive
particles"<g>

John

Wcsjohn