Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default 2nd Brockwell Bake, 20th September, Lambeth, London

Dear all,

happy to announce the second edition of our "Brockwell Bake" 'real
baking' event to be held as part of the Urban Green Fair, Lambeth,
London September 20th

http://www.brockwell-bake.org.uk

This year's chief judge for the baking competition part of the event
is a really amazing Australian gut called John Downes
http://sourdough.com/bakery/john-downes and interview here
http://www.stirthepots.com/2008/02/john-downes-is.html - described by
people as "the godfather of the modern sourdough renaissance in
Australia". Really fortunate for us he is spending time in UK
currently ...

This year we have tweaked some of the class definitions (added
"wholemeal" and changed "speciality" to include regional or ethnic
speciality recipes) + changed the categories in each class from pro/am
to between "bakery baked" entries (which must be normal production
items, not one offs) and "home baked" (or not bakery baked). This
means pro bakers or for instance bakery students can do their own
thing at home and enter in non-bakery baked category. Seems more
meaningful and interesting way to order things.

entry form http://www.brockwell-bake.org.uk/entry.php

Aside from the competition this year also we are adding a programme of
talks and discussions on baking related matters during the afternoon.
Working with the Traditional Cornmillers Guild, the Real Bread
Campaign and the Oxford Bread Group I think we have programmed some
really interesting speakers and subjects for consideration of which
more maybe in another post.

http://www.brockwell-bake.org.uk/#talk

yours
Andy Forbes