Experienced Member

Location: Colombia
Default Easy Empanada Recipe

In my country fried foods are very popular; although not very healthy because of its high content of fat, if consumed moderately, not at all affect our health. Depending on the region of the country there are many variations on how to prepare empanadas.

The recipe i submit you is made from Yucca, but later I’ll give you one with arracacha and other recipes with corn. Though it may seem complex preparation, are actually very easy to make, just need a little time and dedication. Come, enjoy and surprise your family with this delicious recipe.

You need:

2 yuccas, peeled and cooked
1 large ripe tomato
1 onion branch
2 garlic cloves
4 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
¼ pork meat cooked
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
Baking powder
Salt, pepper and cumin to taste

Grind the yuccas and add two egg yolks and flour until well incorporated to form a dough.

Cook remaining 2 eggs and cut them into small cubes.

Prepare a stew frying the onion, tomato and crushed garlic. Adobe with salt, cumin and pepper to taste.

Sauté the ground pork meat in this stew and the chopped egg.

Take portions of dough and fill the center with this stew, making sure that the filling is not going to leave out the dough.

Fried in plenty and very hot oil passing them before on egg white and baking powder.
Victoria Guzman
An expert in good food and cooking
My Website: www.recipesdrinksandfood.com

Pic of first Jamaican Empanada with recipe piedmont General Cooking 8 28-07-2010 02:43 PM
Easy Empanada Recipe camrodri Recipes 0 13-04-2009 03:59 PM
Empanada Dough Sharon in CA Recipes (moderated) 0 17-12-2007 02:15 PM
Empanada recipe Abaldwin + General Cooking 8 19-02-2006 01:36 PM
Empanada recipe request RobinM Mexican Cooking 13 13-10-2004 11:49 PM