Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Videos

Mike Romain wrote: A Typo...

I have come extremely close to the
> taste and texture of local grocery stores like Loblaws and Dominion's
> 'San Fransisco' style sourdough loaf by using 3 oz of commercial yeast
> per 7 cups (56 oz) of total flour including the SD sponge.

Yikes, that should be 3 'grams' of commercial yeast or less than half a
packet or 'dose'!

I am using 1/2 'gram' of commercial in today's bread. Should be 900 gm
flour so 0.5% is about a half gram.

Mike
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Ah now there's no need to bring British Standards into all this. lol

Jim

On 15 Mar, 18:22, BH > wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 04:41:03 -0700 (PDT), viince >
> wrote:
> You are absolutely right, Vince. *I hope you can just ignore the petty
> BS and continue posting. *Your pictures and videos are fantastic!
>
> Burney

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Trix wrote:
> vince,
>
> When you said you make slashes holding the knife parallel to the
> bread, did you mean kind of laying the knife down as you slash or just
> in the slashes parallel to the length of the dough?...you were very
> fast in your video...did my slashes look ok?
>
> I had been having a problem finding the right knife to use to make the
> slashes so, I ordered a victorinox tomato knife (as you
> suggested)...it has a split tip...did you cut that tip off, or did
> yours not have that kind of tip?
>
> Lucy

I have good luck with a bread knife.

Mike
Some bread photos: http://www.mikeromain.shutterfly.com
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Lucy: sounds like you got yourself a cheese knife what you need is
a knife with very sharp serrated knife, that's the best.
I use this knife: http://storage.kanshin.com/free/img_.../k80608737.jpg
This is the best, I've been using one of those in my kitchen to cr ut
everything for the past 3 years and it's still real sharp.

When I say paralel to the bread I mean laying the knife down when you
cut, this way when the loaf expands in the oven it opens the cut
sideways, making "la grigne" as the french peeps would say.
But also it's good to make the cuts on the lenght, close to each
other, so the loaf expands more evenly.
a bit like here http://jacquesbakeryinc.com/images/Baguette.JPG the
bread doesnt look that good, but look at the cuts, each cut starts at
the middle of the cut before.

Mike: your last pictures look good, better than the previous ones! I
can see some life coming out of your loaves!

Jim: http://www.waxmansrugs.com/images/whatever.jpg
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I'll take that to mean you have nothing to refute, so finally got the
point. It was a very simple point and really didn't need all that.
Everything else is besides the point. It's got nothing to do with
anything personal. It's sad that Burney couldn't understand that I
was in fact arguing for a more relaxed understanding of the word
rather than the small, narrow minded version quoted above, it's sad
that some people always assume the worst of people they have taken a
dislike to, that they aren't capable of being broad minded enough to
understand what is actually going on in front of them, only seeing the
world coloured by their hatred, so small minded as to think that
everything is personal.

Oh well, all things change.

Jim

On 16 Mar, 02:46, viince > wrote:
> Jim:http://www.waxmansrugs.com/images/whatever.jpg

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
BH BH is offline

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 07:41:53 -0700 (PDT), TG >
wrote:

Jim, if I didn't understand you, it wasn't the first time. So, as
Vince said more artistically, "whatever".

Burney

>I'll take that to mean you have nothing to refute, so finally got the
>point. It was a very simple point and really didn't need all that.
>Everything else is besides the point. It's got nothing to do with
>anything personal. It's sad that Burney couldn't understand that I
>was in fact arguing for a more relaxed understanding of the word
>rather than the small, narrow minded version quoted above, it's sad
>that some people always assume the worst of people they have taken a
>dislike to, that they aren't capable of being broad minded enough to
>understand what is actually going on in front of them, only seeing the
>world coloured by their hatred, so small minded as to think that
>everything is personal.
>
>Oh well, all things change.
>
>Jim
>
>On 16 Mar, 02:46, viince > wrote:
>> Jim:http://www.waxmansrugs.com/images/whatever.jpg

Burney dot Huff at Mindspring dot com
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Hi Burney

Oh yes, I'm quite aware of that, but I hardly think I can be blamed
for you failing to take the time to read properly what has been
written.

It seems rfs is descending into school girl rhetoric. It's a pity the
level of wit and intelligence wasn't comparable.

All things change.

Jim

On 16 Mar, 20:54, BH > wrote:

> Jim, if I didn't understand you, it wasn't the first time. *...
>
> Burney

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

At times the tone of the wit doesn't translate as clearly in the
written form and can be misinterpreted. Or, could it be the cultural
differences at play...whatever...

Lucy
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

bla bla bla

I hop you like my videos. teak Recipes 5 26-04-2011 11:55 AM
Cooking Videos wes General Cooking 1 10-07-2007 02:03 AM
here are videos of two puzzles you can do in a bar: [email protected] Beer 0 17-04-2007 03:25 PM
Recipe Videos [email protected] General Cooking 0 02-04-2007 10:26 PM
Cooking Videos. bammer General Cooking 0 05-03-2007 11:58 AM