Dabikertrash

Default sourdough pancakes

Would someone please post the recipe for sourdough pancakes? I've
looked...maybe I missed it....but I sure would like to have it.
Thanks in advance.

Carl West

Dabikertrash wrote:

> Would someone please post the recipe for sourdough pancakes? I've
> looked...maybe I missed it....but I sure would like to have it.
> Thanks in advance.

I got 78 hits with:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+Sea rch

--

If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

"Clutter"? This is an object-rich environment.
Carl West

Dabikertrash wrote:

> Would someone please post the recipe for sourdough pancakes? I've
> looked...maybe I missed it....but I sure would like to have it.
> Thanks in advance.

And something than may be a little more directly helpful:

In an effort to avoid other leavening agents (baking soda, baking powder).
I altered a recipe to eliminate those items. My conclusion was that
pancakes for breakfast with butter and syrup should not be _that_ sour.

-- Carl

If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

"Clutter"? This is an object-rich environment.
Brian Mailman

Carl West wrote:

> Dabikertrash wrote:
>
> > Would someone please post the recipe for sourdough pancakes? I've
> > looked...maybe I missed it....but I sure would like to have it.
> > Thanks in advance.

> And something than may be a little more directly helpful:
>
> In an effort to avoid other leavening agents (baking soda, baking powder).
> I altered a recipe to eliminate those items. My conclusion was that
> pancakes for breakfast with butter and syrup should not be _that_ sour.

That's what the baking soda does... not just provide leavening, but
titers the acid.

B/
Norvin

Dabikertrash wrote:
> Would someone please post the recipe for sourdough pancakes? I've
> looked...maybe I missed it....but I sure would like to have it.
> Thanks in advance.

Unless you like overnight projects, I learned a neat trick for sourdough
pancakes at a cooking class put on by a cook at a Canadian hunting
resort. He got tired of doing the prep the night before and he then
tried an experiment as follows and it was a success.

Use your favorite pancake mix and when the recipe calls for the liquid,
subsitute beer (need not be cold) for the water or milk, let set for a
short time and when it is bubbly, start cooking. This makes for a very
good sub.

Phil(NM)

So does bubbly mineral water....

--

Phil(NM)

"The Earth is 5.4 Billion years old. It is entirely sustainable without
interference by environmental organizations, laws or treaties."

Sourdough Pancakes jedc53 Sourdough 3 10-06-2010 12:13 AM
Sourdough Pancakes koko General Cooking 10 10-11-2009 04:52 AM
On Sourdough, Buttermilk, and Pancakes Hans Fugal Sourdough 16 11-07-2006 05:41 PM
sourdough buttermilk pancakes?? nancy Sourdough 5 29-01-2006 05:08 AM
Sourdough Pancakes and Waffles Recipe Tim Recipes 0 22-12-2005 12:14 PM