Dick Adams

Default "Sooner Dogs" and other trivia

Who among you can remember the Johnson-Smith catalog?
One of the novelty items was "Sooner Dogs". What you got was
a dog-dodo decoy. I have wondered about the naming, and have
concluded that Sooner Dogs were originally laxatives, but in a=20
kinder, gentler society became decoys. (Itch power was finely
cut barber-shop-floor hair -- we rapidly determined that poison
ivy worked better.)

Anyone making rye dough can generate a supply of Sooner Dogs
simply by forming and air-drying a small portion of it. That could=20
possibly serve as an incentive.

How about 20-20 last evening (14NOV2003)? Teflon can kill ya!
Well, if you happen to be a bird, anyway. All you Teflon-coated-
pan bakers, get your affairs together and wait for the next report.
In the meantime, better by far to cook on lead-glazed "stones".

---
DickA

Charles Perry

Dick Adams wrote:

> Who among you can remember...

Casting bait?

--
Charles Perry
Reply to:

** A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand **
Dick Adams

"Charles Perry" > wrote in message =

Dick Adams wrote:

> > Who among you can remember...

> Casting bait?

Sorry. Just a transient attack of nostalgia.
These memories are but windswept chicken
scratches in the ever-drifting sands of time.

---
DickA

Why didn't I buy one sooner? [email protected] General Cooking 40 18-04-2009 03:53 PM
Why didn't I buy one sooner? [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-04-2009 08:53 PM
Sorry for not answering sooner - had blood poisoning justme[Karen] Preserving 5 03-12-2005 05:08 PM
Trivia Quiz #2. st.helier Wine 56 11-01-2005 03:00 AM
Trivia Quiz! st.helier Wine 16 30-12-2004 06:42 PM