Mike Avery

Default Chowder

On 10 Nov 2003 at 2:20, Horusman wrote:

> Is sourdough bread used as a recepticle for chowder?

I'd prefer the term "bowl". And yes. There are a number of ways of
making a bread bowl. Some people stretch dough over a bowl form,
let the dough rise, bake the dough, and then peel out the form. Other's
make a small boule and then cut out the center. The second approach
is the one I prefer.

Also, a receptacle isn't usually thought of as a food serving device.

Mike
--
Mike Avery

ICQ: 16241692 AOL IM:MAvery81230
Phone: 970-642-0280
* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other
way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
Think hard now! Which one is Shinola?

Dick Adams

"Mike Avery" > wrote in =
news:mailman.9.1068476021.8460.rec.food.sourdough@ mail.otherwhen.com...
said to Horusman wrote:

> Is sourdough bread used as a recepticle for chowder?

> Also, a receptacle isn't usually thought of as a food serving=20
> device.

True, and loafs are not usually referred to as receptacles.

Now there is a kind of a recepticle you might plug your
electric razor into. Or a hot plate used to heat your chowder.

It is really quite amazing, but the dumbest questions seem to=20
get the most attention. This one is bound to bring out all of=20
the kibitzers as well as yourself (and me, obviously).

---
DickA
(What a nuisance!)

Bob

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:07:36 GMT, "Dick Adams" >
wrote:

>It is really quite amazing, but the dumbest questions seem to=20
>get the most attention. This one is bound to bring out all of=20
>the kibitzers as well as yourself (and me, obviously).

These alleged "dumbest questions" are also the ones that always stump
the experts. That's why the experts always consider them to be dumb.

A "dumb question" is by definition one that stumps the experts.

BTW, your newsreader is brainfarting little "=20" emissions at the end
of the lines of your posts. You might want to have a talk with it,
because it is being rude to others.

Conch chowder Cindy Fuller General Cooking 5 22-07-2007 10:25 PM
Fish Chowder ? jmcquown General Cooking 20 10-02-2005 01:04 AM
Chowder PENMART01 General Cooking 50 28-03-2004 03:03 PM
Chowder Horusman Sourdough 1 10-11-2003 03:55 PM