Samartha Deva

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

Steve W wrote:
....<snip>...
> Well OK, if that is what you want, but I would not be satisfied with
> that un-evenly browned crust. My crust is pretty much the same
> thickness and color all the way around. As you can see in my "Steve W's
> 40/40/10":

Quick question: 40 + 40 + 10 = 90, is missing 10 from 100 the starter?
If so, would it be just the flour part and assuming it's 100 % hydration
oh well, going too much into detail..

> http://samartha.net/SD/file-corner/g...ctures/BYDATE/
>
> I still don't get the translucent crumb

should be easy, just ferment the dough until tears come out
(symbolically spoken). With enough hydration and a hot stone it's gonna
rise anyway. Just don't tremble when you move it carefully towards the
oven;-) Maybe decrease the WW part and increase the BR, but don't even
think about reducing the R!

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
Charles Perry

Samartha Deva wrote:

> should be easy, just ferment the dough until tears come out
> (symbolically spoken).

I used to say that the dough would sweat, but I sure like tears comming out as a
much better metaphor. I would ferment a while past that point, but it probably
doen't make much difference. It is hard to be precise especially when the dough
is wrapped in a swaddlling blanket (linen couch).

Regards,

Charles
--
Charles Perry