Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default sourdough gift suggestions?

My birthday is coming up in about a week and my wife is asking for
suggestions. (Usually she asks a lot sooner, but a tree falling on the
roof, etc. have sort of delayed such things.)

What sourdough books and/or cooking items would you suggest I tell her
might be good to get me? I'm mainly baking whole wheat sourdough type
breads. Many of the books I have seen so far are either the ones
dealing with Alaska and the '49ers or else are mostly the technical
side of baking.
Thanks.
Russ

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

PastorDIC wrote:
> My birthday is coming up in about a week and my wife is asking for
> suggestions.

Send her over he

http://www.tmbbaking.com/supplies.html

The brotforms with removeable liners (and perhaps a bus tub for covered
proofing) are pretty good bets.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

PastorDIC wrote:
> My birthday is coming up in about a week and my wife is asking for
> suggestions. (Usually she asks a lot sooner, but a tree falling on the
> roof, etc. have sort of delayed such things.)
>
> What sourdough books and/or cooking items would you suggest I tell her
> might be good to get me? I'm mainly baking whole wheat sourdough type
> breads. Many of the books I have seen so far are either the ones
> dealing with Alaska and the '49ers or else are mostly the technical
> side of baking.
> Thanks.
> Russ

I suggest Nancy Silverton's Breads from the La Brea Bakery

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

PastorDIC wrote:
> My birthday is coming up in about a week and my wife is asking for
> suggestions. (Usually she asks a lot sooner, but a tree falling on the
> roof, etc. have sort of delayed such things.)
>
> What sourdough books and/or cooking items would you suggest I tell her
> might be good to get me? I'm mainly baking whole wheat sourdough type
> breads. Many of the books I have seen so far are either the ones
> dealing with Alaska and the '49ers or else are mostly the technical
> side of baking.
> Thanks.
> Russ

You might want to take a look at
http://www.breadtopia.com/store/catalog/index.php
Dough whisks are great. Good deals on proofing baskets.

But I'm biased

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I haven't read this book yet but am going to order it for myself,
should be of interest for anyone he http://www.sourdo.com/book.htm
He also has a library of cultures for sale
and a previous book:
http://www.amazon.com/World-Sourdoug.../dp/0898158435