Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default beta spreadsheet calculator for sourdough recipes

spreadsheet to calculate quantities + some time and temperature for
sourdough by poolish, innoculation and firm dough

sorry, only metric units (but with Fahrenheit temperature conversion)

http://www.myplot.org/oven/bake_calc2.xls

or http://www.myplot.org/oven/bake_calc.zip

the figures in bold/red can be altered, the rest should calculate
automatically. Some areas are better tested than others, for example
the temperature calculator on the inoculation method (which could be
used for the 'no knead' method) seems to give pretty good indication of
the dough temperature, at least directly after mixing. But not so
confident with timing there, though it does try originally to take
account both of inoculation percentage and dough temperature.

note all percentages need to be entered as decimal fractions where
1=100%

the percentage of your mother starter can be changed at the top of the
sheet and this will alter this figure in all three of the formulas

the second sheet gives some formulas from Peter Reinhart's Crust and
Crumb basically because I wanted to calculate the real hydration
percentages for his recipes for ciabatta and 'rustic' (results to the
right). The initial figures saved in the firm starter on the first
sheet are from Crust and Crumb for Pain au Levian.

will be pleased to get any feedback or/and results using this

laters
andy forbes

ps
originally inspired by finding some other examples
http://www.sourdoughhome.com/downloads.html#converter and
http://heatkit.com/html/sourcalc.htm - but not happy with them

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/1374 is good but it seems to fail with
less than 2 intermediate builds and salt seems very high to me + not
totally happy with layout

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Andy, I'll write off list if I can.

Jim

Found thorough bbq catering spreadsheet [email protected] Barbecue 2 04-09-2013 07:24 PM
spreadsheet revised again atty Sourdough 3 09-12-2006 12:43 PM
revised spreadsheet atty Sourdough 5 08-12-2006 09:09 PM
excel spreadsheet Doug in Keswick Diabetic 0 18-09-2005 05:27 PM
Samartha spreadsheet Jim Riggan Sourdough 1 14-07-2004 12:54 AM