Posted to rec.food.sourdough
WRK WRK is offline

Default Whole Wheat Recipe for Bread maker

Hello All:

I finally feel comfortable releasing this recipe for further testing. I would greatly appreciate volunteers willing to replicate the results in their own home. It is made with fresh, home-milled flour in a Breadman® UltimateT TR2200C Automatic Bread Maker. Unless it was an oversight, I did not refer to it as "sourdough" since many believe that definition only applies to recipes with flour. water, salt and culture. It has not been tested in any other machine. See Recipe Test notes for more detail.

The recipe is he

http://sourdoughbaking.blogspot.com/...at-recipe.html

The Recipe Test notes are he

http://sourdoughbaking.blogspot.com/...recipe_17.html

The pictoral begins he

http://sourdoughbaking.blogspot.com/...recipe_17.html

I have disabled comments for these posts. I will place a link back to this post a little later to re-direct comments or discussion, if there is any.

I apologize in advance to the purists and craftsman within the group. While some may not like the idea of making naturally leavened bread in a bread machine, I personally would prefer to see people make bread with a natural leaven than with baker's yeast.

Moreover, cultivating and increasing the knowledge of naturally leavened bread, imho, benefits all group members. If someone else who never attempted making a naturally leavened bread in his/her home has success and gains interest in the subject matter, isn't that a good thing?

Regards,

Ray