Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default how to order food

Hi,
I am new in UK and my communication skill is not that good. My
questions are embarassing i understand.....so get prepared....

Can someone explain me how people commonly order food in the
Restaurant, Pizzeria, Takeaway, Subway, coffee shop, buffet? what are
the common questions that we have to ask or to answer?

Should the customer seat on a table or rather go directly to the
checker? when does (s)he have to pay? does (s) he have to pay tips?
and how much? can (s)he eat on the shop or no? how to precise that
(s)he want to take food home. if someone is on diet can (s) he ask for
special arrangement (like when ordering pizza)

If someone can answer my above questions in each of the above cited
venue, i'll be really delighted, or at least give me alink on the web
where i can learn. unfortunately, i don't find such info in any english
tutoring book despite its importance.

thank you

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Hi there..

I can help you by suggesting you to try a new way of ordering food that is to order your food online. You need not worry about communication skills while ordering food online. All you will have to do is to visit the restaurant website and enter your choice of food. Try Online Food/Menu Ordering System for Restaurant: Order Pizza Online, they offer online food ordering system. You start ordering food from any of the subscribed restaurants within a few hours of signing up. Moreover you can also reserve a seat in the restaurant you would like to go for a breakfast/lunch/dinner or even for a party with your loved ones.

thanks
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi,
I am new in UK and my communication skill is not that good. My
questions are embarassing i understand.....so get prepared....

Can someone explain me how people commonly order food in the
Restaurant, Pizzeria, Takeaway, Subway, coffee shop, buffet? what are
the common questions that we have to ask or to answer?

Should the customer seat on a table or rather go directly to the
checker? when does (s)he have to pay? does (s) he have to pay tips?
and how much? can (s)he eat on the shop or no? how to precise that
(s)he want to take food home. if someone is on diet can (s) he ask for
special arrangement (like when ordering pizza)

thank you
Restaurant dining should be a pleasant and relaxing experience where you can sit back while someone else does the hard work and enjoy a great meal in appealing surroundings and with good company.
Her's how some customer order:
Take the menu and rip it into 4 or 5 pieces. Order from only one of the pieces, ignoring the choices on the rest of the menu. You will be happier with your meal.
Poll the other patrons at the restaurant about what they're having and order the most popular choices for yourself.
Everything bad is good for them: Order anything made with lots of butter, sugar, etc. Avoid salad or anything organic. A meal of all desserts may be appropriate. Or see if you can get the chef to make you a special dish like foie gras and bacon covered with butterscotch and hot fudge. Ideally, you will have brought a Super Sized McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal into the restaurant with you. Smoke and drink liberally.
http://www.lionsdeal.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cess View Post
[...]
Nice.. That was a very helpful post.. I also have something to share if your restaurant offers wine, waiters should automatically ask "how about your drink sir? We offer wines" then the waiter will be the one who will open and close the wine using a cork screw, and he will be the one who will refill the glass.