Posted to nyc.food,rec.food.restaurants,nyc.general,soc.culture.asian.american,rec.food.cooking

Default Good 12 oz. Steak for $8!

Actually, I think it's 14 oz., but I'm 100% sure it's at least 12.
It's grilled over flames as well as over a skillet, then served on a
"hot plate" with a bit of corn and broccoli, some noodles, and one egg
sunnyside-up. There's also a nice little cup of egg and corn chowder
and a nice little cup of salad, "Japanese style" (you know, with that
watery, slightly gritty orange sauce you find in Japanese restaurants).

It's at the food court of the Flushing Mall ("mall" is quite a misnomer
since most people go there only for eats). The meat appears to be
strip steak, a very high-quality part! The dish is the "House Special
Steak" -- but don't don't don't get the "mushroom sauce" variety;
that's boring tomato-looking sauce and total dreck. Ask for the "black
pepper sauce" option. It won't change your life, but eight bucks gets
you all five food groups!

Okay, I've given you a good tip. Now, CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION
I KEEP ASKING: WHERE IS A GOOD BOWL OF BEEF NOODLE SOUP IN NYC TO BE
FOUND (AND NOT VIETNAMESE-STYLED PHO)!!!!

Posted to nyc.food,rec.food.restaurants,nyc.general,soc.culture.asian.american,rec.food.cooking

probable best beef noodle soup is--make it in your own kitchen
ps.com...