Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

Default US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions - ABSURD!!!

US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
ABSURD!!!

This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions. This is
overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking
a doggie bag of food home with you. Next thing you know, they'll be
setting up video cameras at 'all-you-can-eat' buffets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fit_diet_restaurants_obesity
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

In article >, michael
> wrote:

> US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
> ABSURD!!!

It is absurd, but where did the word "order" sneak into the government's
recommendations?

> This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
> but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
> encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions.

They're trying to raise the cost of food? Why? I thought they were
trying to cut down on obesity, so that every tax-payer, and the wealthy
too, can avoid the spiraling costs of healthcare associated with health
problems that overeating produces.

> This is overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong
> with taking a doggie bag of food home with you.

How about I don't have to because I bought a less expensive meal and
ate what they broght? I'm sick of paying $20 for 3 pounds of food of
which I won't eat half, and then have it re-heated for lunch, maybe
twice? I don't WANT two and a half meals for $20 bucks. I'd prefer
they sell me 4 bucks worth of food, I eat it, and move on with my life!

For this reason I don't eat at the "big-plate" Mexican restaurants
where you get more beans and rice than a family of four can eat, and
pay for every bit of it. I eat at mom-and-pop Korean, Mexican,
Vietnamese and other restaurants whose customer base knows and
understands what a gouge is. And also, no small bonus, what good food
is too!

--
Thank you and have a nice day.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

Regullators must find things to regulate or they will be out of work...

hey car exhaust is cleaner than the air coming in, how about lawn
mowers and other yard equiptement, keeps us working...

Latest is a tax on pop since it causes obesity....

Look the government knows best spying on us, tracking every phone call,
black boxes on cars, every current cell phone has tracking built in so
the system knows where you are when a call comes in.every internet
click you make is tracked today

Big brother has arrived, and we will continue to lose rights.

expect a national ID card tied to a national data base with DNA sample,
retina biometrics and finger print scan. A injected chip ala the pet
AVID chip will round out for our security, and allow scanners to
monitor our position.

the national ID card will be for illegal immigrants.. FOR OUR
PROTECTION

first they look for terrorists, then child molesters, then murders
rapists, before you know it the US version of the nazi SS will be
policing every one of us..

look where that got germany...

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

michael wrote:
> US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
> ABSURD!!!
>
> This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
> but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
> encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions. This is
> overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking
> a doggie bag of food home with you. Next thing you know, they'll be
> setting up video cameras at 'all-you-can-eat' buffets.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fit_diet_restaurants_obesity

It is refreshing to see our Government involved in things that matter
instead of wasting time stopping the slide into a Police State and Big
Business run world.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

michael wrote...
> US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
> ABSURD!!!
>
> This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
> but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
> encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions. This is
> overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking
> a doggie bag of food home with you. Next thing you know, they'll be
> setting up video cameras at 'all-you-can-eat' buffets.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fit_diet_restaurants_obesity

It won't happen. American politicians sometimes propose ridiculous
things for show, but they don't expect the ideas to be taken
seriously. Compare this to the UK where such an idea would quickly
pass Parliament as a mandate and not a mere suggestion. Britain is
the country trying to outlaw sharp objects on the grounds that they
can stab people, so it is likely that it will pass a law in the near
future requiring people to eat only Soylent Green and mandating
installation of video surveillance cameras in each room of their
homes to ensure compliance, as well as regular testing of their
stools to make sure no forbidden foods were consumed. Those who
refused to comply with the official government diet would be served
with Anti-Social Behaviour orders and committed to mental
institutions to cure them of their eating disorders.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:09:20 GMT, michael > wrote:

>US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
>ABSURD!!!
>
>.... the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
>encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions.

Are you really sufficiently dim that you can't distinguish between "ordering"
and "encouraging"?

-- Larry