FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Carne Asada Burritos: San Diego vs. Minneapolis (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/87517-carne-asada-burritos-san.html)

Cyron 01-04-2006 10:55 PM

Carne Asada Burritos: San Diego vs. Minneapolis

I was living in San Diego when I was introduced to the Carne Asada
Burrito. To me, it was simply a tortilla PACKED full of carne asada,
chopped salsa, guac and some mexican cheese. There were countless
places you could buy these burritos from -- $3.00 - $3.50 was a common
price for a HUGE burrito (about 9 inches long and 3 inches diameter).

Since then I have moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota. There are many
Mexicans here and also many taquerias. However, whenever I order a
carne asada burrito, I am given a tortilla PACKED with rice, beans,
lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa and very little carne asada.
These burritos are much smaller than San Diegos and typically run about
$7.50-8.00 each. I've gone to 20 different places here and they all
default to doing it this same with (RICE BURRITOS)

If I specify how I want the burrito made, I simply end up with a carne
asada burrito that is about 1/4 inch in diameter. I have no idea why
these people are so afraid of making a real carne asada burrito.

Has anyone found a place in Minneapolis which makes carne asada
burritos using the same style found in San Diego? Granted, I can just
make my own, but I want to buy them as fast food.

Thanks

Mike

BB 22-04-2006 11:02 PM

Carne Asada Burritos: San Diego vs. Minneapolis

The Best Carne Asada Burrito was at Jose's Court Room in La Jolla.
http://www.joses.com