Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Restaurant Business Advice

I'm planning to open a restaurant/bistro and I've been doing a ton of
reading. I've read anything and everything I can find, from books to
internet forums. The theme of everything I read is, "you'll probably
fail". Its a HUGE risk, with HUGE commitment and a HUGE chance of
failing within the first year.

So, is there any encouragement out there? The only encouraging thing i
hear is, if you have a ton of money you can make it. well, we def
don't have a ton of money. We're relying heavily on investors and
loans. Please, hit me with your advice! I've read everything negative
already and I'm already aware that I'm going to be broke, working 16
hour days, destroying the friendships I have with the other owners, and
i'm still going to fail. Can anyone relate success stories or anything
at all positive!?!!?

How do people do it? How do you stay positive in an industry where 99%
of people fall on their face.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 23 Mar 2006 07:01:19 -0800, "SwampFunk" > wrote:

>How do people do it? How do you stay positive in an industry where 99%
>of people fall on their face.

By providing financing for those of the 99% who put up solid assets (like their
homes) as collateral?

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Well, one thing you should do is be sure to have a good POS system so
that you can
keep track of everything.

You don't want to spend a fortune on it, either.

Go to www.foodman123.com to learn about Foodman POS for restaurants.

Thank you

Tony Dilworth

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 25 Mar 2006 04:38:11 -0800, wrote:

>Go to
www.foodm123.com to learn about Foodman POS for restaurants.

Go to your local restaurant supply service and buy/lease all the used
equipment that you can get your hands on. After all....with the poor
rate of success, there will be an abundance of equipment to choose
from.