Old 23-03-2006, 03:01 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Restaurant Business Advice

I'm planning to open a restaurant/bistro and I've been doing a ton of
reading. I've read anything and everything I can find, from books to
internet forums. The theme of everything I read is, "you'll probably
fail". Its a HUGE risk, with HUGE commitment and a HUGE chance of
failing within the first year.

So, is there any encouragement out there? The only encouraging thing i
hear is, if you have a ton of money you can make it. well, we def
don't have a ton of money. We're relying heavily on investors and
loans. Please, hit me with your advice! I've read everything negative
already and I'm already aware that I'm going to be broke, working 16
hour days, destroying the friendships I have with the other owners, and
i'm still going to fail. Can anyone relate success stories or anything
at all positive!?!!?

How do people do it? How do you stay positive in an industry where 99%
of people fall on their face.

Old 24-03-2006, 04:06 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 23 Mar 2006 07:01:19 -0800, "SwampFunk" wrote:

How do people do it? How do you stay positive in an industry where 99%
of people fall on their face.

By providing financing for those of the 99% who put up solid assets (like their
homes) as collateral?

-- Larry

Old 25-03-2006, 12:38 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

Well, one thing you should do is be sure to have a good POS system so
that you can
keep track of everything.

You don't want to spend a fortune on it, either.

Go to www.foodman123.com to learn about Foodman POS for restaurants.

Thank you

Tony Dilworth

Old 25-03-2006, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 25 Mar 2006 04:38:11 -0800, wrote:

Go to
www.foodm123.com to learn about Foodman POS for restaurants.

Go to your local restaurant supply service and buy/lease all the used
equipment that you can get your hands on. After all....with the poor
rate of success, there will be an abundance of equipment to choose
from.

Improving my business restaurant paulcoox Restaurants 6 09-05-2009 06:57 AM
How you present ideas in business can be just as if not moreimportant than just having a great idea. You must dress for business successwhen making a presentation. Dressing in business attire will help you toimpress your senior managers and clients. [email protected] Preserving 0 25-04-2008 09:58 PM
How you present ideas in business can be just as if not moreimportant than just having a great idea. You must dress for business successwhen making a presentation. Dressing in business attire will help you toimpress your senior managers and clients. [email protected] Mexican Cooking 0 22-04-2008 04:31 AM
Need Business Advice EmmaG Marketplace 0 29-01-2005 11:08 AM
Need Business Advice Old Magic1 Marketplace 0 18-01-2005 07:39 PM