Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants

My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
Marie Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister went
to a Marie Callender's Restaurant in Orange County, California. She
was going to lunch with a friend. She ordered a drink and an $8 salad.
Her friend ordered a sandwich and a drink.

The salad that the waitress delivered to her table came with terribly
wilted lettuce. She did not notice the wilted lettuce immediate when
the waitress sat the food on the table as she was talking with her
friend. She got the waitresses attention about five minutes after the
initial salad delivery, and told her that the salad was unfit to eat
due to the old wilted lettuce the kitchen used. The waitress's
response was: "This lettuce was not that wilted when I put the salad
on your table." My sister was shocked at the waitress's statement
and asked to talk to the restaurant manager.

She told the manager the salad was unfit to eat due to the old wilted
lettuce the kitchen used. Up to this point my sister had only taken
two or three bites of the salad to test how bad it was prior to
complaining. My sister is very quiet and shy, and she hates to cause a
fuss. She usually just puts up with things. The restaurant manager
looked the salad over and said: "The best I can do is take $4 off
the normal $8 price for that salad. After the manager left my sister
did not eat any more of that awful looking salad, however, she paid the
$4 the manager demanded. She also paid for my friend's sandwich and
their drinks.

My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
ridiculous manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating in
another Marie Callender's Restaurant in the future. I won't
either.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Steve Pope

> wrote:

> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister went
> to a Marie Callender's Restaurant in Orange County, California. She
> was going to lunch with a friend. She ordered a drink and an $8 salad.
> Her friend ordered a sandwich and a drink.

> The salad that the waitress delivered to her table came with terribly
> wilted lettuce. She did not notice the wilted lettuce immediate when
> the waitress sat the food on the table as she was talking with her
> friend.

I think it is rude of diners to not acknowledge a waitperson
by pausing their conversation for a moment when the waitperson comes to
the table. By behaving this way you are making the waitstaff's job
more difficult.

> She got the waitresses attention about five minutes after the
> initial salad delivery, and told her that the salad was unfit to eat
> due to the old wilted lettuce the kitchen used. The waitress's
> response was: "This lettuce was not that wilted when I put the salad
> on your table."

Good response. I like this waitress. Depending on how wilted
the lettuce was, the statement is possibly true, but even if so
what the waitress is really saying is "you were rude to me before,
and now you want my help?"

Steve
Posted to rec.food.restaurants
JimmyG

Check for a Marie Calendar's website. File your complaint there. I've had
decent success doing this with other chains.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Pigsty

Another case of serial posting, WTF???

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
ridiculous
manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating ...
la.eats - Dec 28, 12:38 am by Julian Macassey - 3 messages - 3 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
Marie
Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister ...
alt.vacation.las-vegas - Dec 27, 6:15 pm by newbie - 7 messages - 6
authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
What, ..they did not offer to fire the Manager, crucify the cook and
lick
your toes and burn the restaurant to the ground? Careful ...
alt.vacation.las-vegas - Dec 27, 5:45 pm by Don Strevel - 7 messages -
6 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
On December 22, 2005 my sister went to a Marie Callender's Restaurant
in
Orange County, California. Pardon me for asking (1) what ...
ba.motss - Dec 27, 5:52 pm by David Kaye - 2 messages - 2 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
On 27 Dec 2005 13:30:07 -0800 in
.
com>, graced the world with this thought:
My ...
ba.food - Dec 28, 2:15 am by bizbee - 4 messages - 4 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
wrote the following drivel: (snip) That
felt
good. And that's not the worst of it. Everyone that eats ...
rec.motorcycles.harley - Dec 27, 7:41 pm by Short Ribs - 9 messages -
8 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
Marie
Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister ...
rec.food.restaurants - Dec 28, 4:09 am by Steve Pope - 4 messages - 4
authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
On 27 Dec 2005 13:38:21 -0800,
choked out
these words:
My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
Marie ...
austin.food - Dec 28, 4:17 am by David RL Gärtner, RMT - 4 messages -
4 authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
ANY
PUBLIC RESTAURANT SERVING FOOD. I doubt that the Callender ...
rec.food.restaurants - Dec 28, 2:15 am by Ward Abbott - 4 messages - 4
authors

Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
Did you report the incident to the Marie Callenders company? You
should. While
technically, the company is responsible for the managers ...
alt.disney.disneyland - Dec 28, 2:24 am by gjw - 4 messages - 3
authors

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister went
> to a Marie Callender's Restaurant in Orange County, California. She
> was going to lunch with a friend. She ordered a drink and an $8 salad.
> Her friend ordered a sandwich and a drink.
>
> The salad that the waitress delivered to her table came with terribly
> wilted lettuce. She did not notice the wilted lettuce immediate when
> the waitress sat the food on the table as she was talking with her
> friend. She got the waitresses attention about five minutes after the
> initial salad delivery, and told her that the salad was unfit to eat
> due to the old wilted lettuce the kitchen used. The waitress's
> response was: "This lettuce was not that wilted when I put the salad
> on your table." My sister was shocked at the waitress's statement
> and asked to talk to the restaurant manager.
>
> She told the manager the salad was unfit to eat due to the old wilted
> lettuce the kitchen used. Up to this point my sister had only taken
> two or three bites of the salad to test how bad it was prior to
> complaining. My sister is very quiet and shy, and she hates to cause a
> fuss. She usually just puts up with things. The restaurant manager
> looked the salad over and said: "The best I can do is take $4 off
> the normal $8 price for that salad. After the manager left my sister
> did not eat any more of that awful looking salad, however, she paid the
> $4 the manager demanded. She also paid for my friend's sandwich and
> their drinks.
>
> My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
> ridiculous manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating in
> another Marie Callender's Restaurant in the future. I won't
> either.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Pigsty

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

"Pigsty" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Another case of serial posting, WTF???
>
> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
> ridiculous
> manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating ...
> la.eats - Dec 28, 12:38 am by Julian Macassey - 3 messages - 3
> authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie
> Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister ...
> alt.vacation.las-vegas - Dec 27, 6:15 pm by newbie - 7 messages - 6
> authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> What, ..they did not offer to fire the Manager, crucify the cook and
> lick
> your toes and burn the restaurant to the ground? Careful ...
> alt.vacation.las-vegas - Dec 27, 5:45 pm by Don Strevel - 7
> messages - 6 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> On December 22, 2005 my sister went to a Marie Callender's Restaurant
> in
> Orange County, California. Pardon me for asking (1) what ...
> ba.motss - Dec 27, 5:52 pm by David Kaye - 2 messages - 2 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> On 27 Dec 2005 13:30:07 -0800 in
> .
> com>, graced the world with this thought:
> My ...
> ba.food - Dec 28, 2:15 am by bizbee - 4 messages - 4 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants

wrote the following drivel: (snip) That
> felt
> good. And that's not the worst of it. Everyone that eats ...
> rec.motorcycles.harley - Dec 27, 7:41 pm by Short Ribs - 9 messages -
> 8 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie
> Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister ...
> rec.food.restaurants - Dec 28, 4:09 am by Steve Pope - 4 messages - 4
> authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> On 27 Dec 2005 13:38:21 -0800,
choked out
> these words:
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie ...
> austin.food - Dec 28, 4:17 am by David RL Gärtner, RMT - 4 messages -
> 4 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> ANY
> PUBLIC RESTAURANT SERVING FOOD. I doubt that the Callender ...
> rec.food.restaurants - Dec 28, 2:15 am by Ward Abbott - 4 messages -
> 4 authors
>

> Be Careful At Marie Callender's Restaurants
> Did you report the incident to the Marie Callenders company? You
> should. While
> technically, the company is responsible for the managers ...
> alt.disney.disneyland - Dec 28, 2:24 am by gjw - 4 messages - 3
> authors
>

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
>> Marie Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister went
>> to a Marie Callender's Restaurant in Orange County, California. She
>> was going to lunch with a friend. She ordered a drink and an $8 salad.
>> Her friend ordered a sandwich and a drink.
>>
>> The salad that the waitress delivered to her table came with terribly
>> wilted lettuce. She did not notice the wilted lettuce immediate when
>> the waitress sat the food on the table as she was talking with her
>> friend. She got the waitresses attention about five minutes after the
>> initial salad delivery, and told her that the salad was unfit to eat
>> due to the old wilted lettuce the kitchen used. The waitress's
>> response was: "This lettuce was not that wilted when I put the salad
>> on your table." My sister was shocked at the waitress's statement
>> and asked to talk to the restaurant manager.
>>
>> She told the manager the salad was unfit to eat due to the old wilted
>> lettuce the kitchen used. Up to this point my sister had only taken
>> two or three bites of the salad to test how bad it was prior to
>> complaining. My sister is very quiet and shy, and she hates to cause a
>> fuss. She usually just puts up with things. The restaurant manager
>> looked the salad over and said: "The best I can do is take $4 off
>> the normal $8 price for that salad. After the manager left my sister
>> did not eat any more of that awful looking salad, however, she paid the
>> $4 the manager demanded. She also paid for my friend's sandwich and
>> their drinks.
>>
>> My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
>> ridiculous manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating in
>> another Marie Callender's Restaurant in the future. I won't
>> either.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
rsvp99-at-gmail.com

Which restaurant? I'll give them a Skype call to tell them about your
comments etc. Best wishes, Henry.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Cesar

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My sister discovered the hard way that a customer must be careful at
> Marie Callender's Restaurants. On December 22, 2005 my sister went
> to a Marie Callender's Restaurant in Orange County, California. She
> was going to lunch with a friend. She ordered a drink and an $8 salad.
> Her friend ordered a sandwich and a drink.
>
> The salad that the waitress delivered to her table came with terribly
> wilted lettuce. She did not notice the wilted lettuce immediate when
> the waitress sat the food on the table as she was talking with her
> friend. She got the waitresses attention about five minutes after the
> initial salad delivery, and told her that the salad was unfit to eat
> due to the old wilted lettuce the kitchen used. The waitress's
> response was: "This lettuce was not that wilted when I put the salad
> on your table." My sister was shocked at the waitress's statement
> and asked to talk to the restaurant manager.
>
> She told the manager the salad was unfit to eat due to the old wilted
> lettuce the kitchen used. Up to this point my sister had only taken
> two or three bites of the salad to test how bad it was prior to
> complaining. My sister is very quiet and shy, and she hates to cause a
> fuss. She usually just puts up with things. The restaurant manager
> looked the salad over and said: "The best I can do is take $4 off
> the normal $8 price for that salad. After the manager left my sister
> did not eat any more of that awful looking salad, however, she paid the
> $4 the manager demanded. She also paid for my friend's sandwich and
> their drinks.
>
> My sister thinks she got bad food, bad waitress service, and a
> ridiculous manager response. Consequently, she will not be eating in
> another Marie Callender's Restaurant in the future. I won't
> either.

The quality of service, and even the quality of the food, probably varies
from one Marie Callender location to another. I would just boycott this
particular one and perhaps try another location. A similar thing happened to
me at an Olive Garden location and so I stated going to another location,
all be it just a bit farther away, and everything including the food and the
service, has been much better.