Old 16-12-2005, 01:43 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

Default Bring White Castle to Denver! Sign the petition!

Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Bring White Castle to Denver!

White Castle is the best fast food around!
Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
sliders... Hmmm...

But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
(not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).

Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!

Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
rings tomorrow!

Thank you!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Old 16-12-2005, 07:50 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Shawn Hirn

In article .com,
"Phin" wrote:

Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Bring White Castle to Denver!

White Castle is the best fast food around!
Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
sliders... Hmmm...

This is silly. Why bother with a petition? If you really want to have a
White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
what capitalism is all about!

Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.
Old 16-12-2005, 09:29 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

Shawn Hirn writes:
This is silly. Why bother with a petition? If you really want to have a
White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
what capitalism is all about!

Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise,

Note that while I generally agree with your "A White Castle? Good
God, why?!" sentiment, White Castle doesn't franchise.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Old 17-12-2005, 01:08 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Uncle Sam

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article .com,
"Phin" wrote:

Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Bring White Castle to Denver!

White Castle is the best fast food around!
Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
sliders... Hmmm...

This is silly. Why bother with a petition?

Well, it's called gauging the demand...

If you really want to have a
White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
what capitalism is all about!

We used to have the equivalent thereof on Alameda east of Federal, it
was called Sliders and Nails.

I well remember Allen Berg's commercials for em.

Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.

You have no taste at all, there ain't nothing like a bag of sliders
and nails.
Old 17-12-2005, 04:07 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
Uncle Sam wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article .com,
"Phin" wrote:

[...]

So, then why do White Castle restaurants seem to have a relatively short
life if their food is so tasty?

Old 17-12-2005, 08:31 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Uncle Sam

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:07:01 -0500, Shawn Hirn

Uncle Sam wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article .com,
"Phin" wrote:

[...]

They don't.

They've been in business since the 1920s!

http://whitecastle.com/_pages/about.asp
Hmm… What can $700 get you? Well in 1921 with $700 of borrowed money,
the first White Castle opens in Wichita, Kansas, offering hamburgers
at the unbelievable price of $.05 a piece.

More than 80 years.
More than 380 restaurants.
More than 500,000,000 burgers sold last year alone.

But when you add it up, the by-the-numbers White Castle math just
can't compare to the steam-grilled science of creating that signature
Slyder.® Or the consistent history of high quality and great taste
that turned fast food into big business and jumpstarted the nation's
first hamburger century. (Well, almost a century: meat rationing
during World War II forced us to sell hot dogs and eggs.) Or, most of
all, the shared secret language of committed Cravers across the
country, the words and senses that turn all of you into One of Ours.

Still, math is pretty fundamental. Mostly because, in White Castle
mathematics (crunched at our Columbus, Ohio, headquarters), the number
one keeps popping up.

First fast-food hamburger chain ever. First industrial-strength
spatula. First mass-produced paper hat. First to sell a million
hamburgers. First to sell a billion hamburgers. First frozen fast food
for sale.

All of which, of course, makes us your number one. Hold your applause
for your next burgers.

Old 18-12-2005, 05:25 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
Ward Abbott

On 15 Dec 2005 16:43:58 -0800, "Phin" wrote:

Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

Great!! move everyone of them west of the Mississippi....awful food.

Old 20-12-2005, 07:41 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

Thank you Uncle Sam, I couldn't have said it (or pasted it) better
myself! According to the white castle website, all their restaurants
are company owned or I would consider opening one myself! At least at
the White Castle in Chicago at 5940 North Ridge Ave, there are lines of
cars waiting to get food at 1 am! I don't recall seeing that at other
fast food chains. Perhaps I think it is some of the better fast food
since I grew up with it. There is nothing better than a sack of sliders
and a side of onion rings.

If the food was that bad how come they have been around since the
1920's? Also, you always hear stories of people driving hundreds of
miles to eat there and there is even a movie that shows what people
will do to eat at White Castle (no, it is not a documentary but
lampoons the "craze").

If you still don't understand the White Castle "craze" watch Harold &
Kumar Go to White Castle:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366551/

It's a funny movie regardless of your thoughts on White Castle!

Thanks,

Phin

Old 20-12-2005, 07:57 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
[...]

The Castle rocks!!!!

And don't forget the frozen food section:

http://whitecastle.com/_pages/frozen.asp

If being far from a White Castle has you close to the edge, chill out.
Head to your grocer’s freezer and pick up a box of frozen White Castle
Hamburgers or Cheeseburgers for that classic off-the-griddle taste on
the fly. Grab some frozen Onion Chips too and have a full frozen White
Castle meal!

Frozen White Castle burgers and sides are available in more than 30
states across this craving nation.

So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?
Old 21-12-2005, 05:42 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?

JM,

The problem with the frozen white castle burgers (besides being frozen)
is that they don't come with those great sliced pickles and dusseldorf
mustard! Besides microwaved White Castle sliders (if you want the bun
to stay hot and soft) don't compare to a steaming bag of freshly made
sliders! It's not even 10 am and I am getting hungry!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Phin

Old 21-12-2005, 05:47 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

But I guess the frozen White Castle sliders are better than nothing!
Damn! I wish White Castle would start expanding West! I emailed White
Castle about opening up one in the Denver area and received this
response (that's why I started the petition, so, perhaps somebody at
corporate will see that there is a need):

Thank you for your recent suggestion directed to our corporate office
that we locate a White Castle restaurant in your area. We appreciate
hearing from customers who enjoy our products. We have noted your
suggestion
and have forwarded it to our real estate department for consideration.

In immediate response to your inquiry, however, White Castle prides
itself on growing slowly. White Castle and all its subsidiaries are
privately
owned and operated. The company does not franchise or offer stock
options, and finances its expansion solely through retained earnings.
For these reasons, White Castle tends to operate within the existing
Midwest and Northeast regions where all our support facilities (meat
plants,
bakeries, etc.) are located. We believe in this business practice so
we can provide a stable company for the more than 12,000+ employees it
supports.

Due to these factors, as well as advertising efficiencies, we add only
approximately fifteen to twenty new restaurants every year to our
existing market areas. Based on our current expansion plans, it will
be a few
years before we open another new market area. A list of our current
locations can be sent to you via conventional mail upon request.

Thank you again for your interest in White Castle and its products.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Ingram
Director of Restaurant Operations

Old 21-12-2005, 11:59 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?

JM,

The problem with the frozen white castle burgers (besides being frozen)
is that they don't come with those great sliced pickles and dusseldorf
mustard! Besides microwaved White Castle sliders (if you want the bun
to stay hot and soft) don't compare to a steaming bag of freshly made
sliders! It's not even 10 am and I am getting hungry!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Phin

Well in this neck of the woods we don't have the real thing, so one
makes do.

Suggestions - bag-0-sliders and nails, soon!
Old 21-12-2005, 11:59 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
[...]

Wow!

Thanks for copying us on that!

Now compare that to the fiasco that Krispy Kreme, another old line
regional treat has undergone. Too quick an expansion, using common stock
to finance it, subsequent stock price collapse, multiple ceo's.

White Castle is the epitome of a well run conservative sucessful
business - kudos!
Old 22-12-2005, 01:06 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
Well in this neck of the woods we don't have the real thing, so one
makes do.

Suggestions - bag-0-sliders and nails, soon!

Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

No, I get them at King Sooopers.
Old 22-12-2005, 04:19 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

Borked Pseudo Mailed writes:
Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

Heck, we don't even have 7-11s in my neck of the woods (central NH).
Or oddly, where I lived previously (Minnesota).

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich