Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

Default Bring White Castle to Denver! Sign the petition!

Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Bring White Castle to Denver!

White Castle is the best fast food around!
Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
sliders... Hmmm...

But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
(not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).

Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!

Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
rings tomorrow!

Thank you!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Shawn Hirn

In article .com>,
"Phin" > wrote:

> Bring White Castle to Denver!
> Sign the petition!
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
>

> Bring White Castle to Denver!
>
> White Castle is the best fast food around!
> Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
> sliders... Hmmm...

This is silly. Why bother with a petition? If you really want to have a
White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
what capitalism is all about!

Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

Shawn Hirn > writes:
> This is silly. Why bother with a petition? If you really want to have a
> White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
> what capitalism is all about!
>
> Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise,

Note that while I generally agree with your "A White Castle? Good
God, why?!" sentiment, White Castle doesn't franchise.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Uncle Sam

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
wrote:

>In article .com>,
> "Phin" > wrote:
>
>> Bring White Castle to Denver!
>> Sign the petition!
>>
>> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
>>

>> Bring White Castle to Denver!
>>
>> White Castle is the best fast food around!
>> Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
>> sliders... Hmmm...

>This is silly. Why bother with a petition?

Well, it's called gauging the demand...

> If you really want to have a
>White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
>what capitalism is all about!

We used to have the equivalent thereof on Alameda east of Federal, it
was called Sliders and Nails.

I well remember Allen Berg's commercials for em.

>Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
>you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
>can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
>and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
>business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.

You have no taste at all, there ain't nothing like a bag of sliders
and nails.
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Shawn Hirn

In article >,
Uncle Sam > wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
> wrote:
>
> >In article .com>,
> > "Phin" > wrote:
> >
> >> Bring White Castle to Denver!
> >> Sign the petition!
> >>
> >> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
> >>

> >> Bring White Castle to Denver!
> >>
> >> White Castle is the best fast food around!
> >> Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
> >> sliders... Hmmm...

> >This is silly. Why bother with a petition?

> Well, it's called gauging the demand...
>
> > If you really want to have a
> >White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
> >what capitalism is all about!

> We used to have the equivalent thereof on Alameda east of Federal, it
> was called Sliders and Nails.
>
> I well remember Allen Berg's commercials for em.
>
> >Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
> >you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
> >can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
> >and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
> >business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.

> You have no taste at all, there ain't nothing like a bag of sliders
> and nails.

So, then why do White Castle restaurants seem to have a relatively short
life if their food is so tasty?

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Uncle Sam

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:07:01 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Uncle Sam > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
>> wrote:

>> >This is silly. Why bother with a petition?

>> Well, it's called gauging the demand...
>>
>> > If you really want to have a
>> >White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
>> >what capitalism is all about!

>> We used to have the equivalent thereof on Alameda east of Federal, it
>> was called Sliders and Nails.
>>
>> I well remember Allen Berg's commercials for em.
>>
>> >Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
>> >you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
>> >can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
>> >and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
>> >business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.

>> You have no taste at all, there ain't nothing like a bag of sliders
>> and nails.

>So, then why do White Castle restaurants seem to have a relatively short
>life if their food is so tasty?

They don't.

They've been in business since the 1920s!

http://whitecastle.com/_pages/about.asp
Hmm What can $700 get you? Well in 1921 with $700 of borrowed money,
the first White Castle opens in Wichita, Kansas, offering hamburgers
at the unbelievable price of $.05 a piece.

More than 80 years.
More than 380 restaurants.
More than 500,000,000 burgers sold last year alone.

But when you add it up, the by-the-numbers White Castle math just
can't compare to the steam-grilled science of creating that signature
Slyder. Or the consistent history of high quality and great taste
that turned fast food into big business and jumpstarted the nation's
first hamburger century. (Well, almost a century: meat rationing
during World War II forced us to sell hot dogs and eggs.) Or, most of
all, the shared secret language of committed Cravers across the
country, the words and senses that turn all of you into One of Ours.

Still, math is pretty fundamental. Mostly because, in White Castle
mathematics (crunched at our Columbus, Ohio, headquarters), the number
one keeps popping up.

First fast-food hamburger chain ever. First industrial-strength
spatula. First mass-produced paper hat. First to sell a million
hamburgers. First to sell a billion hamburgers. First frozen fast food
for sale.

All of which, of course, makes us your number one. Hold your applause
for your next burgers.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Ward Abbott

On 15 Dec 2005 16:43:58 -0800, "Phin" > wrote:

>Bring White Castle to Denver!
>Sign the petition!

Great!! move everyone of them west of the Mississippi....awful food.

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

Thank you Uncle Sam, I couldn't have said it (or pasted it) better
myself! According to the white castle website, all their restaurants
are company owned or I would consider opening one myself! At least at
the White Castle in Chicago at 5940 North Ridge Ave, there are lines of
cars waiting to get food at 1 am! I don't recall seeing that at other
fast food chains. Perhaps I think it is some of the better fast food
since I grew up with it. There is nothing better than a sack of sliders
and a side of onion rings.

If the food was that bad how come they have been around since the
1920's? Also, you always hear stories of people driving hundreds of
miles to eat there and there is even a movie that shows what people
will do to eat at White Castle (no, it is not a documentary but
lampoons the "craze").

If you still don't understand the White Castle "craze" watch Harold &
Kumar Go to White Castle:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366551/

It's a funny movie regardless of your thoughts on White Castle!

Thanks,

Phin

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
> Thank you Uncle Sam, I couldn't have said it (or pasted it) better
> myself! According to the white castle website, all their restaurants
> are company owned or I would consider opening one myself! At least at
> the White Castle in Chicago at 5940 North Ridge Ave, there are lines of
> cars waiting to get food at 1 am! I don't recall seeing that at other
> fast food chains. Perhaps I think it is some of the better fast food
> since I grew up with it. There is nothing better than a sack of sliders
> and a side of onion rings.
>
> If the food was that bad how come they have been around since the
> 1920's? Also, you always hear stories of people driving hundreds of
> miles to eat there and there is even a movie that shows what people
> will do to eat at White Castle (no, it is not a documentary but
> lampoons the "craze").
>
> If you still don't understand the White Castle "craze" watch Harold &
> Kumar Go to White Castle:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366551/
>
> It's a funny movie regardless of your thoughts on White Castle!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phin

The Castle rocks!!!!

And don't forget the frozen food section:

http://whitecastle.com/_pages/frozen.asp

If being far from a White Castle has you close to the edge, chill out.
Head to your grocers freezer and pick up a box of frozen White Castle
Hamburgers or Cheeseburgers for that classic off-the-griddle taste on
the fly. Grab some frozen Onion Chips too and have a full frozen White
Castle meal!

Frozen White Castle burgers and sides are available in more than 30
states across this craving nation.

So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

>So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?

JM,

The problem with the frozen white castle burgers (besides being frozen)
is that they don't come with those great sliced pickles and dusseldorf
mustard! Besides microwaved White Castle sliders (if you want the bun
to stay hot and soft) don't compare to a steaming bag of freshly made
sliders! It's not even 10 am and I am getting hungry!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Phin

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Phin

But I guess the frozen White Castle sliders are better than nothing!
Damn! I wish White Castle would start expanding West! I emailed White
Castle about opening up one in the Denver area and received this
response (that's why I started the petition, so, perhaps somebody at
corporate will see that there is a need):

Thank you for your recent suggestion directed to our corporate office
that we locate a White Castle restaurant in your area. We appreciate
hearing from customers who enjoy our products. We have noted your
suggestion
and have forwarded it to our real estate department for consideration.

In immediate response to your inquiry, however, White Castle prides
itself on growing slowly. White Castle and all its subsidiaries are
privately
owned and operated. The company does not franchise or offer stock
options, and finances its expansion solely through retained earnings.
For these reasons, White Castle tends to operate within the existing
Midwest and Northeast regions where all our support facilities (meat
plants,
bakeries, etc.) are located. We believe in this business practice so
we can provide a stable company for the more than 12,000+ employees it
supports.

Due to these factors, as well as advertising efficiencies, we add only
approximately fifteen to twenty new restaurants every year to our
existing market areas. Based on our current expansion plans, it will
be a few
years before we open another new market area. A list of our current
locations can be sent to you via conventional mail upon request.

Thank you again for your interest in White Castle and its products.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Ingram
Director of Restaurant Operations

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
>>So who else even HAS or HAD a succesful frozen burger?!?

> JM,
>
> The problem with the frozen white castle burgers (besides being frozen)
> is that they don't come with those great sliced pickles and dusseldorf
> mustard! Besides microwaved White Castle sliders (if you want the bun
> to stay hot and soft) don't compare to a steaming bag of freshly made
> sliders! It's not even 10 am and I am getting hungry!
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions?
>

> Phin

Well in this neck of the woods we don't have the real thing, so one
makes do.

Suggestions - bag-0-sliders and nails, soon!
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Phin wrote:
> But I guess the frozen White Castle sliders are better than nothing!
> Damn! I wish White Castle would start expanding West! I emailed White
> Castle about opening up one in the Denver area and received this
> response (that's why I started the petition, so, perhaps somebody at
> corporate will see that there is a need):
>
> Thank you for your recent suggestion directed to our corporate office
> that we locate a White Castle restaurant in your area. We appreciate
> hearing from customers who enjoy our products. We have noted your
> suggestion
> and have forwarded it to our real estate department for consideration.
>
> In immediate response to your inquiry, however, White Castle prides
> itself on growing slowly. White Castle and all its subsidiaries are
> privately
> owned and operated. The company does not franchise or offer stock
> options, and finances its expansion solely through retained earnings.
> For these reasons, White Castle tends to operate within the existing
> Midwest and Northeast regions where all our support facilities (meat
> plants,
> bakeries, etc.) are located. We believe in this business practice so
> we can provide a stable company for the more than 12,000+ employees it
> supports.
>
> Due to these factors, as well as advertising efficiencies, we add only
> approximately fifteen to twenty new restaurants every year to our
> existing market areas. Based on our current expansion plans, it will
> be a few
> years before we open another new market area. A list of our current
> locations can be sent to you via conventional mail upon request.
>
> Thank you again for your interest in White Castle and its products.
>
> Sincerely,
> Elizabeth Ingram
> Director of Restaurant Operations

Wow!

Thanks for copying us on that!

Now compare that to the fiasco that Krispy Kreme, another old line
regional treat has undergone. Too quick an expansion, using common stock
to finance it, subsequent stock price collapse, multiple ceo's.

White Castle is the epitome of a well run conservative sucessful
business - kudos!
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
>>Well in this neck of the woods we don't have the real thing, so one
>>makes do.

>>Suggestions - bag-0-sliders and nails, soon!

> Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

No, I get them at King Sooopers.
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

Borked Pseudo Mailed > writes:
> Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

Heck, we don't even have 7-11s in my neck of the woods (central NH).
Or oddly, where I lived previously (Minnesota).

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
> Borked Pseudo Mailed > writes:
>
>>Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

> Heck, we don't even have 7-11s in my neck of the woods (central NH).
> Or oddly, where I lived previously (Minnesota).

They are convenience stores.

Do you lack those too?
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"J.M. Flagg" > writes:
> They are convenience stores.
>
> Do you lack those too?

Actually, yes, for the most part (although some of the gas stations
are definitely growing). Although we have general stores, which
somewhat fill that niche. People aren't all that much on convenience
around here...

In any case, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a slider
around here. For some reason, it's never bothered me.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
> "J.M. Flagg" > writes:
>
>>They are convenience stores.
>>
>>Do you lack those too?

> Actually, yes, for the most part (although some of the gas stations
> are definitely growing). Although we have general stores, which
> somewhat fill that niche. People aren't all that much on convenience
> around here...
>
> In any case, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a slider
> around here. For some reason, it's never bothered me.

Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could you
appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"J.M. Flagg" > writes:
> Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could
> you appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!

Ehh? I've had plenty of White Castle sliders in my life (my
previously mentioned place in Minneapolis was right down the street
from one), as well as Krystals (just last week, actually, since I felt
guilty about hanging out in the Krystal using their wifi without
buying something). I used to go to the White Castle almost every week
during NFL season, since I could make it there and back with a bag
full of fries and mozzarella sticks for my friends before the game
started up again.

As far as the burgers, I'm underwhelmed. They're okay, but nothing
worth getting worked up about.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
> "J.M. Flagg" > writes:
>
>>Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could
>>you appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!

> Ehh? I've had plenty of White Castle sliders in my life (my
> previously mentioned place in Minneapolis was right down the street
> from one), as well as Krystals (just last week, actually, since I felt
> guilty about hanging out in the Krystal using their wifi without
> buying something). I used to go to the White Castle almost every week
> during NFL season, since I could make it there and back with a bag
> full of fries and mozzarella sticks for my friends before the game
> started up again.
>
> As far as the burgers, I'm underwhelmed. They're okay, but nothing
> worth getting worked up about.

Wow, entirely differnt take!

I've only had them a half dozen times, maybe you simply OD'd.

Me, I'm ready for a franchise hereabouts - ASAP!

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Tina

I'm sorry, but In N Out > White Castle. =P

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Tina wrote:
> I'm sorry, but In N Out > White Castle. =P

No way!

It's just another left coast Carl's Jr. clone.
Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"Tina" > writes:
> I'm sorry, but In N Out > White Castle. =P

That's what we call "damning with faint praise."

I don't really understand the attraction of In N Out, either, but i do
like their burgers better than White Castle.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Mark D

For most of my life I lived in Chicago. I'm 51.

When I was a child of 5, or 6, Mickey-D's was actually good! Even
better yet was a Burger Joint/Drive-In called Henry's by Midway Airport.

12 cents for a Burger. 15 for a Cheesburger, 15 cents for fries, and 15
for a Coke.

Back then, I don't think anybody went to White Castle, as they were
there, but who knew of them back then. As the Mickey D's began to get
worse, and worse, White Castles IMO began to taste better, and better to
me.
(Remembering a few years back where Mc'D;s weren't even grilling the
buns, yuck! What a mushy ****ing mess!)

The CEO's at Mc D's should be taken out and ****ing hanged upside down!
And that ain't no shit either. What a disgusting place with horrible
food to eat at.

At least at White Castle, you can see what they're making, as they're
right out in the open.
Places like Mc D's, and Whopper King seem to hide everything they do.

One certainty about White Castle, they "slide in", and they "slide right
out". Better than a freakin Colonic! lol

Actually, I'm living now in the freakin barren southwest of New Mexico,
where there's esssentially nothing. People are so freakin cheap here,
they throw Nickles around like Sewer Covers.

Maybe a White Castle would be right up their sidewalk here, as it seems
that the most patronized restaurant here in Alamogordo, NM, is Taco
Bell.

****ers here don't even know what a good Taco is, nor a good Tamale. How
about $7.00 for shitty, tasteless ground beef Tacos on 1/2 sized
tortillas at every restaurant in town?
This is food hell here. The Worst!!!! You'd at least think Mexican
food would be good here, NOT!
Thank god I can cook a bit, Mark

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Luciano

mmmmmm...belly bombers....love them....wish we had one where I live

"Phin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Bring White Castle to Denver!
> Sign the petition!
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
>

> Bring White Castle to Denver!
>
> White Castle is the best fast food around!
> Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
> sliders... Hmmm...
>
> But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
> (not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
> logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
> Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
> facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).
>
> Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
> the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
> northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
> growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
> White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!
>
> Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
> rings tomorrow!
>
> Thank you!
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Luciano wrote:
> mmmmmm...belly bombers....love them....wish we had one where I live

Read the thread back, you can always opt for the frozen food section WC
sliders, not as good as fresh, but surprisingly tasty.

> "Phin" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Bring White Castle to Denver!
>>Sign the petition!
>>
>>http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
>>

>>Bring White Castle to Denver!
>>
>>White Castle is the best fast food around!
>>Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
>>sliders... Hmmm...
>>
>>But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
>>(not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
>>logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
>>Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
>>facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).
>>
>>Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
>>the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
>>northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
>>growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
>>White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!
>>
>>Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
>>rings tomorrow!
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 5:43:58 PM UTC-7, Phin wrote:
> Bring White Castle to Denver!
> Sign the petition!
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver
>

> Bring White Castle to Denver!
>
> White Castle is the best fast food around!
> Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
> sliders... Hmmm...
>

> But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
> (not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
> logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
> Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
> facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).
>
> Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
> the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
> northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
> growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
> White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!
>
> Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
> rings tomorrow!
>
> Thank you!
>
> http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

There's also one in Las Vegas........
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Frozen 🏰 are not even close to the real thing! Why wouldn't they bring the 🏰 to Colorado???