Old 22-12-2005, 05:16 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Default Bring White Castle to Denver! Sign the petition!

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
Borked Pseudo Mailed writes:

Do they have 'sliders' at 7-11 in your neck of the woods??

Heck, we don't even have 7-11s in my neck of the woods (central NH).
Or oddly, where I lived previously (Minnesota).

They are convenience stores.

Do you lack those too?

Old 22-12-2005, 01:51 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"J.M. Flagg" writes:
They are convenience stores.

Do you lack those too?

Actually, yes, for the most part (although some of the gas stations
are definitely growing). Although we have general stores, which
somewhat fill that niche. People aren't all that much on convenience
around here...

In any case, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a slider
around here. For some reason, it's never bothered me.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Old 22-12-2005, 05:44 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
"J.M. Flagg" writes:

They are convenience stores.

Do you lack those too?

Actually, yes, for the most part (although some of the gas stations
are definitely growing). Although we have general stores, which
somewhat fill that niche. People aren't all that much on convenience
around here...

In any case, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a slider
around here. For some reason, it's never bothered me.

Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could you
appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!
Old 22-12-2005, 07:17 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"J.M. Flagg" writes:
Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could
you appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!

Ehh? I've had plenty of White Castle sliders in my life (my
previously mentioned place in Minneapolis was right down the street
from one), as well as Krystals (just last week, actually, since I felt
guilty about hanging out in the Krystal using their wifi without
buying something). I used to go to the White Castle almost every week
during NFL season, since I could make it there and back with a bag
full of fries and mozzarella sticks for my friends before the game
started up again.

As far as the burgers, I'm underwhelmed. They're okay, but nothing
worth getting worked up about.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Old 22-12-2005, 08:32 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
"J.M. Flagg" writes:

Of course not, lacking the experience of enjoying a slider how could
you appreciate what a burger-delight it truly is!

Ehh? I've had plenty of White Castle sliders in my life (my
previously mentioned place in Minneapolis was right down the street
from one), as well as Krystals (just last week, actually, since I felt
guilty about hanging out in the Krystal using their wifi without
buying something). I used to go to the White Castle almost every week
during NFL season, since I could make it there and back with a bag
full of fries and mozzarella sticks for my friends before the game
started up again.

As far as the burgers, I'm underwhelmed. They're okay, but nothing
worth getting worked up about.

Wow, entirely differnt take!

I've only had them a half dozen times, maybe you simply OD'd.

Me, I'm ready for a franchise hereabouts - ASAP!

Old 22-12-2005, 09:13 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Tina

I'm sorry, but In N Out White Castle. =P

Old 23-12-2005, 01:17 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Tina wrote:
I'm sorry, but In N Out White Castle. =P

No way!

It's just another left coast Carl's Jr. clone.
Old 24-12-2005, 04:39 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Richard Kaszeta

"Tina" writes:
I'm sorry, but In N Out White Castle. =P

That's what we call "damning with faint praise."

I don't really understand the attraction of In N Out, either, but i do
like their burgers better than White Castle.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Old 30-12-2005, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
Mark D

For most of my life I lived in Chicago. I'm 51.

When I was a child of 5, or 6, Mickey-D's was actually good! Even
better yet was a Burger Joint/Drive-In called Henry's by Midway Airport.

12 cents for a Burger. 15 for a Cheesburger, 15 cents for fries, and 15
for a Coke.

Back then, I don't think anybody went to White Castle, as they were
there, but who knew of them back then. As the Mickey D's began to get
worse, and worse, White Castles IMO began to taste better, and better to
me.
(Remembering a few years back where Mc'D;s weren't even grilling the
buns, yuck! What a mushy ****ing mess!)

The CEO's at Mc D's should be taken out and ****ing hanged upside down!
And that ain't no shit either. What a disgusting place with horrible
food to eat at.

At least at White Castle, you can see what they're making, as they're
right out in the open.
Places like Mc D's, and Whopper King seem to hide everything they do.

One certainty about White Castle, they "slide in", and they "slide right
out". Better than a freakin Colonic! lol

Actually, I'm living now in the freakin barren southwest of New Mexico,
where there's esssentially nothing. People are so freakin cheap here,
they throw Nickles around like Sewer Covers.

Maybe a White Castle would be right up their sidewalk here, as it seems
that the most patronized restaurant here in Alamogordo, NM, is Taco
Bell.

****ers here don't even know what a good Taco is, nor a good Tamale. How
about $7.00 for shitty, tasteless ground beef Tacos on 1/2 sized
tortillas at every restaurant in town?
This is food hell here. The Worst!!!! You'd at least think Mexican
food would be good here, NOT!
Thank god I can cook a bit, Mark

Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Luciano

mmmmmm...belly bombers....love them....wish we had one where I live

"Phin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bring White Castle to Denver!
Sign the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Bring White Castle to Denver!

White Castle is the best fast food around!
Those steamy tiny bugers with the onions! Hmmm... White Castle
sliders... Hmmm...

But the nearest White Castle to Denver, Colorado is St. Louis or Kansas
(not sure if the first White Castles are still there). So, the next
logical place to open up a White Castle would be in the Denver,
Colorado area since we are not to far from the White Castle support
facilities (or build a new one in Denver and expand towards the west).

Not only is Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle a huge movie here,
the Denver area has many people (myself included) from the Midwest and
northeast that miss White Castle. Plus this area is one of the fastest
growing areas in the country. I know from what people tell me, that
White Castle would be a huge success in the Denver area!

Please sign this petition today so we can get some sliders and onion
rings tomorrow!

Thank you!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...CastleToDenver

Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 AM posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Luciano wrote:
mmmmmm...belly bombers....love them....wish we had one where I live

Read the thread back, you can always opt for the frozen food section WC
sliders, not as good as fresh, but surprisingly tasty.

oups.com...

Old 22-07-2016, 01:34 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 5:43:58 PM UTC-7, Phin wrote:
[...]

There's also one in Las Vegas........
Old 02-10-2016, 04:20 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

Frozen 🏰 are not even close to the real thing! Why wouldn't they bring the 🏰 to Colorado???