NYC XYZ

Default Another hate-crime in the bronx

It's gotten so bad that most NYC Chinese restaurants have started using
Mexicans!

If it's any consolation, City Councilman Liu was able to get his black
and hispanic fellow councilmembers to offer a ~$10K reward.

Personally, I think what Jimmy Cheng of the United Fujianese American
Association called for is right: stop making door-to-door deliveries
until their lives are no longer endangered -- IOW, just stop offering
the service.

Why the **** are Chinese so desperate? So ****ing desperate for a
dollar. This is an aspect of contemporary Chinese culture I find
disturbing (though in other contexts it translates into "ambition" and
"drive," etc.)...this guy was shot 'cause he tried to hold the door
closed in order to trap the robbers. I ain't blaming him at all for
not being a victim -- though he wound up one anyway (actually,
"two"...mugging and manslaughter) -- I'm saying he should have been
packing a piece himself!

Are they all illegal or something? I know NY has the toughest gun laws
-- thanks to all the liberals who live in nice neighborhoods, of course
-- but come on, Chinese ought to take a page from the Korean-American
handbook on dealing with urban violence! Korean shopkeepers still get
robbed, but at least word is out that some of these grocers have a
shotgun on the premises and they ain't afraid to use them!

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-304737c.html