Default O' Charley's

Nasty, nasty, nasty. I ordered a burger med rare. It showed up well
done. My son ordered his medium. It ended up over well. They've got
these hot rolls that they bring out, but do they have butter? No.
They have this disgusting mixture of trans-fats and garlic that they
expect you to slather on. On top of that, they have the worst steak
sauce I've ever tasted.
We went there because someone said they had free kids meals with adult
meal purchase. They do, but I'll not be taking advantage of that
again.
Nasty.

--Bryan

Luciano

We must cook our burgers well done to prevent E Coli poisoning. I miss a
good rare burger, but with things the way they are, it seems nothing is safe
anymore....thank goodness its still OK to eat a rare steak!

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Nasty, nasty, nasty. I ordered a burger med rare. It showed up well
> done. My son ordered his medium. It ended up over well. They've got
> these hot rolls that they bring out, but do they have butter? No.
> They have this disgusting mixture of trans-fats and garlic that they
> expect you to slather on. On top of that, they have the worst steak
> sauce I've ever tasted.
> We went there because someone said they had free kids meals with adult
> meal purchase. They do, but I'll not be taking advantage of that
> again.
> Nasty.
>
> --Bryan

Shawn Hirn

In article <pGS4f.14804$y_1.9888@edtnps89>,
"Luciano" > wrote:

> We must cook our burgers well done to prevent E Coli poisoning. I miss a
> good rare burger, but with things the way they are, it seems nothing is safe
> anymore....thank goodness its still OK to eat a rare steak!

If you buy meat from a butcher you trust and grind it yourself, you can
cook rare hamburgers with no more risk of illness than rare steaks.
Ward Abbott

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:28:06 -0400, Shawn Hirn >
wrote:

>If you buy meat from a butcher you trust and grind it yourself, you can
>cook rare hamburgers with no more risk of illness than rare steaks.

I really don't believe that O'Charlie's uses this procedure....
....the cause of the original posting.

pltrgyst

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:31:53 -0500, "Kevin Childers"
> wrote:

> If we start a betting pool, I pick Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.

Only if you delve into the message headers, which are not presented
iby most GUI newsreaders, and discover the cross-posting from
stl.dining.

- Fred

Kevin Childers

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:31:53 -0500, "Kevin Childers"
> > wrote:
>
> > If we start a betting pool, I pick Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.

> Only if you delve into the message headers, which are not presented
> iby most GUI newsreaders, and discover the cross-posting from
> stl.dining.
>
> - Fred

Strange, I'm on the wife's PC and it only has OE and the TO line shows
"stl.dining,rec.food.restaurants". What are you using?

KC

Luciano wrote:
> We must cook our burgers well done to prevent E Coli poisoning. I miss a
> good rare burger, but with things the way they are, it seems nothing is safe
> anymore....thank goodness its still OK to eat a rare steak!

I'm sure glad I live in a state that hasn't mandated that. You can
still get rare burgers all over St. Louis.

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Nasty, nasty, nasty. I ordered a burger med rare. It showed up well
> > done. My son ordered his medium. It ended up over well. They've got
> > these hot rolls that they bring out, but do they have butter? No.
> > They have this disgusting mixture of trans-fats and garlic that they
> > expect you to slather on. On top of that, they have the worst steak
> > sauce I've ever tasted.
> > We went there because someone said they had free kids meals with adult
> > meal purchase. They do, but I'll not be taking advantage of that
> > again.
> > Nasty.
> >
> > --Bryan

--Bryan

Luciano

it is a well known fact all red meat has E Coli on it's surface, regardless
of how good a butcher joe blow is. It is inherent on red meat...thats why
it's ok to have a rare steak becasue the ecoli gets destroyed on the surface
of the steak, but when you grind it up the surface meat gets put in to the
middle and if not cooked enough "can" potentially give you E. Coli
poisoning...I don't care how nice and clean joe blow's shop is...just go to
a slaughter house and I have, you would probably never eat red meat
again...and certainly would never eat a hot dog or sausage.

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Luciano wrote:
>> We must cook our burgers well done to prevent E Coli poisoning. I miss a
>> good rare burger, but with things the way they are, it seems nothing is
>> safe
>> anymore....thank goodness its still OK to eat a rare steak!
>>

> I'm sure glad I live in a state that hasn't mandated that. You can
> still get rare burgers all over St. Louis.
>>

>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Nasty, nasty, nasty. I ordered a burger med rare. It showed up well
>> > done. My son ordered his medium. It ended up over well. They've got
>> > these hot rolls that they bring out, but do they have butter? No.
>> > They have this disgusting mixture of trans-fats and garlic that they
>> > expect you to slather on. On top of that, they have the worst steak
>> > sauce I've ever tasted.
>> > We went there because someone said they had free kids meals with adult
>> > meal purchase. They do, but I'll not be taking advantage of that
>> > again.
>> > Nasty.
>> >
>> > --Bryan
>> >

> --Bryan

Kevin Childers

"Luciano" > wrote in message
> it is a well known fact all red meat has E Coli on it's surface,

regardless
> of how good a butcher joe blow is. It is inherent on red meat...thats why
> it's ok to have a rare steak becasue the ecoli gets destroyed on the

surface
> of the steak, but when you grind it up the surface meat gets put in to the
> middle and if not cooked enough "can" potentially give you E. Coli
> poisoning...I don't care how nice and clean joe blow's shop is...just go

> a slaughter house and I have, you would probably never eat red meat
> again...and certainly would never eat a hot dog or sausage.

Oh, I wouldn't say that, but then I've lived a good portion of my life
in the third world.

KC

Kevin Childers wrote:
> "Luciano" > wrote in message
> > it is a well known fact all red meat has E Coli on it's surface,

> regardless
> > of how good a butcher joe blow is. It is inherent on red meat...thats why
> > it's ok to have a rare steak becasue the ecoli gets destroyed on the

> surface
> > of the steak, but when you grind it up the surface meat gets put in to the
> > middle and if not cooked enough "can" potentially give you E. Coli
> > poisoning...I don't care how nice and clean joe blow's shop is...just go
> > to a slaughter house and I have, you would probably never eat red meat
> > again...and certainly would never eat a hot dog or sausage.

Well, do YOU still eat red meat and sausages?

Also, I've been eating raw beef since I was a kid. Haven't gotten sick
yet.

> Oh, I wouldn't say that, but then I've lived a good portion of my life
> in the third world.

I could kill a cow and cut out a piece of meat and eat it raw and still
warm from life.

> KC

--Bryan

Kevin Childers

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Kevin Childers wrote:
> > "Luciano" > wrote in message
> > > it is a well known fact all red meat has E Coli on it's surface,

> > regardless
> > > of how good a butcher joe blow is. It is inherent on red meat...thats

why
> > > it's ok to have a rare steak becasue the ecoli gets destroyed on the

> > surface
> > > of the steak, but when you grind it up the surface meat gets put in to

the
> > > middle and if not cooked enough "can" potentially give you E. Coli
> > > poisoning...I don't care how nice and clean joe blow's shop is...just

go
> > > to a slaughter house and I have, you would probably never eat red meat
> > > again...and certainly would never eat a hot dog or sausage.
> > >

> Well, do YOU still eat red meat and sausages?
>
> Also, I've been eating raw beef since I was a kid. Haven't gotten sick
> yet.
> >
> > Oh, I wouldn't say that, but then I've lived a good portion of my

life
> > in the third world.

> I could kill a cow and cut out a piece of meat and eat it raw and still
> warm from life.

Actually that is less risky than eating processed meats. The potential
for contamination in bulk processed meat is greater than that for single
kill.

Luciano

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Kevin Childers wrote:
>> "Luciano" > wrote in message
>> > it is a well known fact all red meat has E Coli on it's surface,

>> regardless
>> > of how good a butcher joe blow is. It is inherent on red meat...thats
>> > why
>> > it's ok to have a rare steak becasue the ecoli gets destroyed on the

>> surface
>> > of the steak, but when you grind it up the surface meat gets put in to
>> > the
>> > middle and if not cooked enough "can" potentially give you E. Coli
>> > poisoning...I don't care how nice and clean joe blow's shop is...just
>> > go
>> > to a slaughter house and I have, you would probably never eat red meat
>> > again...and certainly would never eat a hot dog or sausage.
>> >

> Well, do YOU still eat red meat and sausages?
>
> Also, I've been eating raw beef since I was a kid. Haven't gotten sick
> yet.
>>
>> Oh, I wouldn't say that, but then I've lived a good portion of my
>> life
>> in the third world.

> I could kill a cow and cut out a piece of meat and eat it raw and still
> warm from life.

Macho Macho Man