Rudy Valencia

Default Anyone familiar with this now-defunct chain?

Hi,

I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
decision. Please reply to this post or email me at the address in the
"from" header.

- Rudy Valencia.

pltrgyst

On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
wrote:

>I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
>restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
>this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
>the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
>decision.

Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
your first action.

-- Larry

Rudy Valencia

pltrgyst wrote:
> On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
> wrote:
>
> >I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
> >restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
> >this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
> >the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
> >decision.

> Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
> your first action.
>
> -- Larry

I wasn't necessarily asking for advice, just if anyone knows anything
about that particular restaurant chain (when you miss sleep you write
things you don't intend to write).

Shawn Hirn

In article om>,
"Rudy Valencia" > wrote:

> pltrgyst wrote:
> > On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
> > >restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
> > >this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
> > >the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
> > >decision.

> > Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
> > your first action.
> >
> > -- Larry

> I wasn't necessarily asking for advice, just if anyone knows anything
> about that particular restaurant chain (when you miss sleep you write
> things you don't intend to write).

Google is your friend. I did a search for ...

"King's Table" restaurant

and I got back several hits, including

http://tinyurl.com/aoer3

http://www.visitwaupaca.com/KINGS.html

and a few others.

I don't know if any of these is what you had in mind, but it goes to
show you that restaurants of that name already exist. If you want to
open up a restaurant, do a trademark search before you settle on a name.
JimmyG

I seem to remember these from the 60-'s & 70's as being an all-you-can-eat
establishment. Long, cafeteria-like serving lines with fairly decent food.

Then again, the 60's & 70's are a bit of a blur ;-)

Rudy Valencia

I remember the one in my town (from the late 80's to about 1990), it
was for the most part a cafeteria-line, but the decor may have been
different than what you remember, "JimmyG". I remember it like this (my
memory /is/ a bit hazy, so I may be getting a few things wrong but here
goes):

It was a mid-size, white building with blue trim.

The logo was the words "King's Table" written in a script-like font
with two horizontal lines above and below the wording (I think they
were part of the logo, but I am not all that sure).

You'd go in, and the place had the typical "false" tile ceiling, with
recessed lighting. The walls were your typical "drywall w/ spackling"
affair, nothing too fancy.

You'd pay for your meal up front, and then enter a "cafeteria-line"
arrangement. I am not sure if you got served - or served yourself - but
anyway, the wall behind the line was tile and I think it had neon
lighting on it.

You'd take a seat at an empty table/booth, the tables were stained (as
in finished - not dirty) wood, and the booths were blue vinyl.

There's some things I can't remember; the restaurant closed in 1990 and
the building was converted to an Old Chicago
(http://www.oldchicago.com/) circa 1992. I don't think it was local
(unlike the previously-mentioned restaurants), it seemed to run in more
of a "managed" fashion, like how national chains run. It may very well
have been one, time only knows.

Anyway I think I ran this post aground too much, rudyvalencia signing
off.