FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with this now-defunct chain? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/71320-anyone-familiar-now-defunct.html)

Rudy Valencia 03-10-2005 01:16 AM

Anyone familiar with this now-defunct chain?

Hi,

I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
decision. Please reply to this post or email me at the address in the
"from" header.

- Rudy Valencia.

pltrgyst 03-10-2005 11:06 PM

On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
wrote:

>I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
>restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
>this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
>the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
>decision.

Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
your first action.

-- Larry

Rudy Valencia 04-10-2005 07:15 AM

pltrgyst wrote:
> On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
> wrote:
>
> >I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
> >restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
> >this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
> >the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
> >decision.

> Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
> your first action.
>
> -- Larry

I wasn't necessarily asking for advice, just if anyone knows anything
about that particular restaurant chain (when you miss sleep you write
things you don't intend to write).

Shawn Hirn 04-10-2005 12:01 PM

In article om>,
"Rudy Valencia" > wrote:

> pltrgyst wrote:
> > On 2 Oct 2005 17:16:49 -0700, "Rudy Valencia" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I seem to remember at one point in my past a now-defunct buffet
> > >restaurant chain called "King's Table". Does anyone have any info on
> > >this chain, because I want to start an all-new restaurant chain under
> > >the same name, and I want to find out more before I make the go/no-go
> > >decision.

> > Sounds like a thorough federal and state trademark search should be
> > your first action.
> >
> > -- Larry

> I wasn't necessarily asking for advice, just if anyone knows anything
> about that particular restaurant chain (when you miss sleep you write
> things you don't intend to write).

Google is your friend. I did a search for ...

"King's Table" restaurant

and I got back several hits, including

http://tinyurl.com/aoer3

http://www.visitwaupaca.com/KINGS.html

and a few others.

I don't know if any of these is what you had in mind, but it goes to
show you that restaurants of that name already exist. If you want to
open up a restaurant, do a trademark search before you settle on a name.

JimmyG 07-10-2005 03:31 PM

I seem to remember these from the 60-'s & 70's as being an all-you-can-eat
establishment. Long, cafeteria-like serving lines with fairly decent food.

Then again, the 60's & 70's are a bit of a blur ;-)

Rudy Valencia 09-10-2005 06:12 PM

I remember the one in my town (from the late 80's to about 1990), it
was for the most part a cafeteria-line, but the decor may have been
different than what you remember, "JimmyG". I remember it like this (my
memory /is/ a bit hazy, so I may be getting a few things wrong but here
goes):

It was a mid-size, white building with blue trim.

The logo was the words "King's Table" written in a script-like font
with two horizontal lines above and below the wording (I think they
were part of the logo, but I am not all that sure).

You'd go in, and the place had the typical "false" tile ceiling, with
recessed lighting. The walls were your typical "drywall w/ spackling"
affair, nothing too fancy.

You'd pay for your meal up front, and then enter a "cafeteria-line"
arrangement. I am not sure if you got served - or served yourself - but
anyway, the wall behind the line was tile and I think it had neon
lighting on it.

You'd take a seat at an empty table/booth, the tables were stained (as
in finished - not dirty) wood, and the booths were blue vinyl.

There's some things I can't remember; the restaurant closed in 1990 and
the building was converted to an Old Chicago
(http://www.oldchicago.com/) circa 1992. I don't think it was local
(unlike the previously-mentioned restaurants), it seemed to run in more
of a "managed" fashion, like how national chains run. It may very well
have been one, time only knows.

Anyway I think I ran this post aground too much, rudyvalencia signing
off.