Honest Abe

Default DO NOT EAT AT DOJO'S IN NYC

DO NOT EAT AT DOJO'S RESTAURANTS
You might get SICK if you do!

On September 13th the Dojo's on St. Marks Place in Manhattan's East Village
FAILED a New York City Department of Health inspection. The reasons we

1) Food requiring refrigeration kept at too high a temperature.
2) MICE present.
3) INSECTS present.

Aside from this the service is often very slow, and last Sunday, without
provocation, my wife and I were rudely insulted and embarassed by the
manager or another high-level employee.

We had sat down and ordered our meals. While seated, I slipped my shoes off
my stockinged feet under the table for comfort. My feet were clean and had
no odor, but upon seeing this, a nasty individual that I assume was the
manager approached us with a hostile attitude. She loudly berated me for
having my shoes off, stating among other things that it was a "NYC
Department of Health violation" to be without shoes in a restaurant. At
first I found it hard to believe she was serious, but she was very much so.

As she went away I loudly proclaimed "WE ARE LEAVING!", and my wife and I
got up and left without eating most of our meals or paying the bill. Had
anyone tried to stop us, I would've turned the place into another type of
DOJO entirely, and put my foot, with shoe, up another very unsanitary place!

As most such imbeciles are hypocrites, I decided to check what the NYC
Department of Health had to say about Dojo's restaurants, and found the
serious violation information above.

DON'T EAT AT DOJO'S!
Inspection Report:

DOJO RESTAURANT INC.
24 ST MARKS PLACE, NY 10003
Inspection Date: 09/13/2005
Failed inspection. Follow-up inspection required.
Violations were cited in the following significant area(s) and those
requiring immediate action were addressed.

1. Cold food held above 41°F (smoked fish above 38°F) except during
necessary preparation.
2. Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-
food areas.
3. Evidence of flying insects or live flying insects present in
facility's food and/or non-food areas.
4. Food not protected from potential source of contamination during
storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
5. Wiping cloths dirty or not stored in sanitizing solution.

Available at http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl