Default Restaurants near LAX

I suddenly find myself anticipating a number of weekend trips to Los
Angeles (from Philadelphia) over the coming year. I don't expect to
have HUGE amounts of down time between work and travel, so I don't
think I'll be able to really explore the LA area (which I have never
visited before) on my own.

So I'm looking for recommendations for restaurants that are pretty
close to LAX airport in Los Angeles. I've been told (briefly) about
Encounter, and that's about it. I'm looking for very good
food--especially cuisine that shows off the best of California. I'm
into everything else, too, especially "haute Mexican", Italian, sushi,
French, seafood.

I'll usually be dining alone, and will sometimes have a rental car and
sometimes be cabbing it. The goal is an enjoyable dining experience
that lets me get to the airport in time to catch an overnight flight
back east.

Any suggestions?

adogsmom

I'm afraid if you want to eat at the restaurants that "people in the know"
go to... you might end up missing your flights. Traffic is horrendous in
L.A. and the busiest freeway is the 405 which is one of freeways nearest
to LAX.
How much time do you think you'd have inbetween before/after work? Once
we determine that.. we can talk about getting you to the restaurants and
back to the airport! =0)

Mac

Well, it will vary.

For my first trip out there, though, I know that my return flight will
be leaving LAX 7:45, Sunday night. I could be done with business as
early as 11am, but it's much more likely I'll be occupied until some
time mid-afternoon.

Steve Pope

Mac > wrote:

>For my first trip out there, though, I know that my return flight will
>be leaving LAX 7:45, Sunday night. I could be done with business as
>early as 11am, but it's much more likely I'll be occupied until some
>time mid-afternoon.

You could hit up La Poubelle in that length of time, although
it is pretty far away in Hollywood.

It will also be empty that time of a Sunday. Except for the
staff and street people.

http://www.la.com/dining/frenchbistro/lapoubelle/600

Steve