Dick Ledoux

Default Riverwalk/San Antonio

Wife and I will be making our first visit to Riverwalk for our 45th
anniversary next month and we are looking for recommendations for
restaurants. We have already booked a room at the Watermark (hope it's good)
and would like to get some strong recommendations on restaurants. We won't
have a car, but would take a taxi if necessary. We'll be there from Friday
to Monday.
Thanks in advance.

pltrgyst

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:48:28 GMT, "Dick Ledoux" > wrote:

>Wife and I will be making our first visit to Riverwalk for our 45th
>anniversary next month and we are looking for recommendations for
>restaurants. We have already booked a room at the Watermark (hope it's good)
>and would like to get some strong recommendations on restaurants.

Biga on the Banks was easily the best food we found in SA on our visit last
year, and it's right on the Riverwalk.

La Margarita, in the Market Square about a quarter mile walk from the Riverwalk,
was a lot of fun and had excellent Tex-Mex, as did El Mirador, an easy walk down
St. Mary's St.

-- Larry

Steve Pope

Dick Ledoux > wrote:

> Wife and I will be making our first visit to Riverwalk
> for our 45th anniversary next month and we are looking for
> recommendations for restaurants. We have already booked a room at
> the Watermark (hope it's good) and would like to get some strong
> recommendations on restaurants. We won't have a car, but would
> take a taxi if necessary. We'll be there from Friday to Monday.

I liked both Azuca Nuevo Latino and Liberty Bar, but neither
is in the Riverwalk area. We were not able to get to
Las Leyendas, which is in the Riverwalk area and is upscalish
with a $55 tasting menu, but they're supposedly good.

Steve
Pigsty

I will not go to San Antonio without stopping at Boudros on the River Walk.
I've been going to their place for about 10 years and it's always excellent
(see link below). Ps. Try the Guacamole, made fresh at your table...

http://www.boudros.com/boudros/index...st=information

"Dick Ledoux" > wrote in message
> Wife and I will be making our first visit to Riverwalk for our 45th
> anniversary next month and we are looking for recommendations for
> restaurants. We have already booked a room at the Watermark (hope it's
> good) and would like to get some strong recommendations on restaurants. We
> won't have a car, but would take a taxi if necessary. We'll be there from
> Friday to Monday.
> Thanks in advance.

San Antonio for a day Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 9 25-07-2008 05:18 PM
More Q in San Antonio Peter Newman Barbecue 3 16-11-2005 12:22 AM
San Antonio Q Peter Newman Barbecue 6 12-11-2005 06:43 PM
San Antonio's Best BBQ? Ken Sternberg Barbecue 8 25-11-2003 07:37 PM