FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Sushi in San Diego (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/69232-sushi-san-diego.html)

Thomas Müller 05-09-2005 10:42 AM

Sushi in San Diego

Hello,
we will be in San Diego for 14 days next week, and i'd like to try some
Sushi there.

1. What Restaurants are good, but not too expensive for Sushi in SD?
2. What kind of Sushi is really fresh there? Are there any fisher-boats
bringing fresh fish into SD? I live in Munic, and its hard to get really
fresh fish here...

Greetings,
Thomas

Jimmy G 11-09-2005 02:01 AM

We like Chiba Japanese at 10415 San Diego Mission Rd. Also Katzra at 4681 Convoy St. If you want good, original Hong-Kong Chinese, try Jasmine @ 4609 Convoy.

Sushi Deli is Downtown at about 143 Broadway. It's cheap (Especially the combinations), but somewhat mediocre at best.

We've lived here over 30 years, & San Diego REALLY isn't up there on the "Great" restaurant list.

Steve Pope 14-09-2005 01:55 AM

Jimmy G > wrote:

>We've lived here over 30 years, & San Diego REALLY isn't up there on the
>"Great" restaurant list.

That's my impression too, but I really like Region.

(This has nothing to do with Sushi.)

Steve