Nicolas Anbeek

Default Inexpensive salad bar ideas

I work in a cafeteria and need to lower my food cost. Can anybody recommend
some good, easy salad bar ideas that are very inexpensive and keep well?

Thanks!

Ward Abbott

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:41:30 -0400, "Nicolas Anbeek"
> wrote:

>I work in a cafeteria and need to lower my food cost. Can anybody recommend
>some good, easy salad bar ideas that are very inexpensive and keep well?

Kudzu?

Lumpy

Three bean salad is filling and inexpensive and easy to make. Looks nice.

Of course any kind of macaroni salad, probably made with olive oil vs. mayo
because it will last longer.

If you have warming capacity, maybe scalloped potatoes. Again filling, last
well, inexpensive. Likewise vegetarian chili made with beans, onion, green
pepper, spices....

Maybe some sort of a tabouli, couscous or lentil salad. Cheap grains.
Filling.

Hope that helps

"Nicolas Anbeek" > wrote in message
>I work in a cafeteria and need to lower my food cost. Can anybody
>recommend
> some good, easy salad bar ideas that are very inexpensive and keep well?
>
> Thanks!

Plug

"Nicolas Anbeek" > wrote in message
>I work in a cafeteria and need to lower my food cost. Can anybody
>recommend
> some good, easy salad bar ideas that are very inexpensive and keep well?

Grated carrot with lemon and poppyseed dressing; home made coleslaw; potato
salad; thinly sliced tomatoes and red onions with vinaigrette; pasta salad,
especially with curried mayonnaise dressing; rice salad with red and green
peppers. These all keep for several days; make little and often - keep raw
ingredients in fridge ready prepped. Fresh home made salads are much better
than shop bought - your customers will love them - but they must be fresh.
We shop for fresh stuff ourselves - the delivered options were too expensive
and the quality was poor.
Deb

TN: 2 inexpensive Italians, one (relatively) inexpensive Champagne DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2009 03:26 PM
rice salad ideas please Tara General Cooking 2 15-05-2008 01:08 AM
Chicken Salad ideas please mwestport General Cooking 17 24-06-2005 04:55 PM
Salad ideas LP General Cooking 41 13-04-2004 06:02 PM
Chinese New Year fundraiser inexpensive ideas? TaraDanielle General Cooking 3 08-12-2003 08:18 PM