Jimmy G

Default Philadelphia recomendations wanted

We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the Historical
district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.

Thanks so much.

Jimmy G wrote:
> We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the Historical
> district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
> restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.
>
> Thanks so much.

Here's a good link:
http://www.philadelphia.com/dining/

Tangerine is wonderful, as is the Monte Carlo Living Room. (see link)
http://ae.philly.com/entertainment/u...reviewId=13149

Prime Rib is great and for Italian, try the Saloon. Philadelphia is a
wonderful place for a fine dining experience.
Stephanie

Herb

Jimmy G wrote:

> We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the Historical
> district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
> restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.
>
> Thanks so much.

I would strongly recommed "Colleen's" - they try new things and "Le Bec
Fin" for classic french.

Herb

Appetizers and Specialty Foods
Http://www.tapasfoods.com

--
ÐÏࡱá

pltrgyst

On 21 Jun 2005 05:31:01 -0700, " >
wrote:

>Jimmy G wrote:
>> We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the Historical
>> district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
>> restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.
>>
>> Thanks so much.

Monk's Cafe is a great small place for Belgian beer and food -- fabulous
mussels! Jack's Firehouse is also a great, fun place with extremely generous
portions.

-- Larry

Joel

Another excellent resource for Food and Drink is the www.PhillyBlog.com
site. There are always 50-100 people hanging online there so if you
ask, you will get loads of replies.

Joely

I will post this to get some action going.

tish

right near the Philadelphia museum is a place called the rose tattoo cafe
http://www.rosetattoocafe.com/intro.html

it is a little pricey but everything we had was wonderful...if it is a
weekend evening you will need reservations and try for the garden room

enjoy!
tish

Herb wrote:
> Jimmy G wrote:
>
>>We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the Historical
>>district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
>>restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.
>>
>>Thanks so much.

> I would strongly recommed "Colleen's" - they try new things and "Le Bec
> Fin" for classic french.
>
> Herb
>
> Appetizers and Specialty Foods
> Http://www.tapasfoods.com

Joel

Thanks for the reply.

Joely

Sheldon C. Dingle jr.

Someone already mentioned the rose tattoo great restaurant.I would also like
to recommend Passion!
It's "Nuevo Latino cuisine" excellent food by an amazing chef Guillermo
Pernot (Argentina)a little expensive but his seviche alone is worth the
trip!

"Jimmy G" > wrote in message
> We're going to Philadelphia in October, & will be staying in the

Historical
> district. We would appreciate any recommendations for all types of
> restaurants in the area...as long as they're good!.
>
> Thanks so much.

Tangerine is a beautiful restaurant and the food is quite impressive.
Here's a link:
http://www.tangerinerestaurant.com/

Stephanie

Joel

Then you would be a Steven Starr fan .......!

Joel

I am--as a matter of fact! :-)