papageno

Default What's the Worst Service you ever had?

i waited for my check or 20 min with all my plates empty and i even
pretended to be snoozing...during the whole time, the group of waiters
were either chatting and laughing at the bar or greeting new customers.
i bet if i had got up and left w/o paying they would not have noticed.
finally i waived at them and got my check. i left $0 tip.

what's your worst experience?

Ida Slapter

On 20 Apr 2005 11:01:01 -0700, "papageno" >
wrote:

> i bet if i had got up and left w/o paying they would not have noticed.

I would have got up and asked to see the manager/owner. Twenty
minutes saved.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Beverly Sills

When that happens to me, I simply gather up my coat, etc., walk to the
host/ess station on my way out, and say, "If you want me to pay, give
me my check now."

One time the hostess disapperaed, presumably in search of my waitron.
Five minutes I waited, then I walked out. Hey, I did everything I
could to give them my money. If they don't want it ....

Other times, several, I keep a mental tab of my charges, and just leave
money on the table before I leave. Sans tip, of course.

Shawn Hearn

In article .com>,
"papageno" > wrote:

> i waited for my check or 20 min with all my plates empty and i even
> pretended to be snoozing...during the whole time, the group of waiters
> were either chatting and laughing at the bar or greeting new customers.
> i bet if i had got up and left w/o paying they would not have noticed.
> finally i waived at them and got my check. i left $0 tip.
>
> what's your worst experience?

Many years ago when some friends and I were studying for final exams at
the college library, we decided to take a break and eat dinner at a
nearby diner. There was at least eight of us. We all placed our order,
and I ordered an open face roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and
a Coke. My soda was served quickly and the waitress placed a few plates
of bread on the table with butter.

About 20 minutes after we ordered our food, my friends' food was served.
The waitress who took our order told me the kitchen ran out of roast
beef and she simply walked away, saying she would be right back. The
waitress didn't ask me if I wanted something else. I turned around to
look for our waitress, who was a crotchety old woman as old as dirt, but
she had disappeared into the nether regions of the restaurant. By the
time all my friends had finished eating, the waitress returned and asked
me if I wanted something else. Not wanting to delay my friends from
returning to their studies, I just paid for my drink and we left. We
left a $0 tip for the entire table. I stopped at a nearby McDonalds and
ordered a couple of regular cheeseburgers and fries.

A few months later, that restaurant, which had been opened for at least
100 years, went out of business.
Karl Hungus

"news-east.newsfeeds.com" > wrote in message

> Yeah im the guy in the back wiping your steak on the floor before i send
> it back out!
>
> Just remember - a little common courtesy will save you a lot of spit in
> your food!

Just remember - this sort of behavior, which may have you on a little power
trip now, won't seem so gratifying when you're arrested for it.

Xavier

Olive Garden