FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Buffalo steak in NJ / Manhattan? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/58322-buffalo-steak-nj-manhattan.html)

Carlos 06-04-2005 11:36 AM

Buffalo steak in NJ / Manhattan?

Hi all,

I've recently found out about buffalo meat and being the carnivorous
type I would love to give it a try. Any restaurants that serve buffalo
steak either in Manhattan or in NJ (West Orange area)? I'm going over
to visit my sister in a couple of weeks and all we've found so far is
buffalo burger, but I want the real thing!

Many thanks in advance,

Carlos

Shawn Hearn 09-04-2005 03:24 AM

In article >,
(Carlos) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently found out about buffalo meat and being the carnivorous
> type I would love to give it a try. Any restaurants that serve buffalo
> steak either in Manhattan or in NJ (West Orange area)? I'm going over
> to visit my sister in a couple of weeks and all we've found so far is
> buffalo burger, but I want the real thing!

I don't know about restaurants that serve buffalo meat. I live in South
Jersey and its pretty easy to find buffalo meat in ShopRite and some
other supermarkets if you don't mind cooking it yourself. I tried
buffalo meat three or four times and it isn't worth the extra cost.
Buffalo meat has a fairly mild, bland flavor and its expensive.

pltrgyst 09-04-2005 03:54 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:24:56 -0400, Shawn Hearn > wrote:

>In article >,
> (Carlos) wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've recently found out about buffalo meat and being the carnivorous
>> type I would love to give it a try. Any restaurants that serve buffalo
>> steak either in Manhattan or in NJ (West Orange area)? I'm going over
>> to visit my sister in a couple of weeks and all we've found so far is
>> buffalo burger, but I want the real thing!

Plus, there are farms raising beefalo in central NJ, so you might want to give
that a taste try as well.

Neither has anywhere near the character of elk, caribou, or horse, though.

-- Larry

pltrgyst 09-04-2005 03:54 PM