RM MS

Default Chinese Menu

Is there a translated Chinese/Thai menu? Does anybody really now what
Gai Kow and General Cho"s and SayTay means? I like Orange Beef and
Mongolian Beef, but hesitate to try anything else unless I know what it
is. Several times I get some basic chop suey crap that was not very
interesting. Email please.

The Ranger

RM MS > whined in message
Yet another webtv'er brazenly braying away.

> Is there a translated Chinese/Thai menu?

In several Chinese and Thai restaurants local to me, there's a menu for
the natives (usually daily specials), a menu for with excellent
descriptions in English that carries all the standards (Mongolian Beef,
Orange Beef, Kung Pao Chicken, Sweet-and-sour Pork) and exceptional
items, and then there's the dumbed-down, Midwesterners' Tourist menu for
ignorant bigots like you.

> Does anybody really now what Gai Kow and General
> Cho"s and SayTay means?

With better spelling, yes; and when I'm unfamiliar with a particular
dish, I ask the server about the item in question, or something from the
Native's daily menu. When I get home, or leave, I'll go look for more
information on an item in the library or online at google.com.

> I like Orange Beef and Mongolian Beef, but hesitate to try
> anything else [..]

Because you aren't capable of imagining anything beyond the plain,
gooey, greasy crap you normally eat at places like Mr. Chao's. Best to
stay hidden under that rock you slimed out from under and pull the
shadow back down into your hole.

> Email please.

No. You posted to a Usenet 'Group. Get over yourself.

The Ranger