Default POS system for Japanese Teppanyaki establishment?

We're moving our location out of a strip mall after fifteen years, and
building a free-standing restaurant. We're keeping nothing other than
staff and recipes, and that includes our ancient Sharp cash register
system. I've had two vendors come in, one from Aloha and one from
Micros, but neither seemed to be satisfactory. EIther one would be a
huge step up from paper ordering and all the miscues that result,
but...

Though the Micros rep had another Teppan restaurant under her wing, and
thus understood the food ordering process, the terminals themselves
looked kludgy and I'm not a huge fan of proprietary hardware. The
Aloha guy, though clueless about Teppanyaki, had a nicer looking, more
intuitive system and all the hardware was non-proprietary and
domestically made. The problem with his software was that it couldn't
cope with sending all the grill orders to the prep kitchen at once, on
one chit (regardless of how many parties of two, three, or four were
combined at the table). We need one chit for the chef to use to
confirm who at the table had which order. We do it now by hand, on a
little graphical representation of the table.

Any ideas what systems other Teppan joints use? Benihana must have
something streamlined by now. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Allen