Default Good Restaurants in Cleveland Ohio

I am going to be in Cleveland in a few weeks and I am looking for some
mid to high end restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

mary

You might ask your question on the pgh.food group as there are people from
Cleveland who read the group. Since Pittsburgh and Cleveland are close
together, many from the area travel there. There is Little Italy (home of a
number Italian eateries) near University Circle which is where Case Western
and the museums are located. If you are in the downtown area, visit the West
End Market across the river,and their Great Lakes Brewing in the same area.
There is a book called (I think) Cleveland Ethnic Eats, which lists a lot of
places in the area to eat.

Tom
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am going to be in Cleveland in a few weeks and I am looking for some
> mid to high end restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

Robin Lake

> I am going to be in Cleveland in a few weeks and I am looking for some
> mid to high end restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

If you could focus on an ethnicity or a type of food, I could help you out.

One relatively unique place is Braza Grill
http://www.circozibibbo.com/
an Argentinian-style steakhouse. Fixed price of $35, all you can eat of
various grilled meats that are brought around on skewers and sliced off
at your table. Supported by what is said to be an excellent salad bar,
including sushi and seafood and pastas.

I have not yet been, but the reviews indicate it is worthwhile.

I is downtown in the Warehouse District, a couple of blocks
from Public Square.

Another relatively unique place is Anatol Cafe, a Turkish restaurant
on Cedar Road, just west of Warrensville Center Road in South Euclid.
I have been there several times and the food is very good and different
than any other ethnic place in Cleveland. Mid-priced.

Cleveland has become a foodie's Mecca in the past few years. Upscale,
ethnic, and imaginative-chef places open every week.

Cheers,
Rob Lake

tired puppy

I just tried Vivo downtown, and I thought it was pretty good. The food
was good and the staff was fun to joke around with.

wrote:
> I am going to be in Cleveland in a few weeks and I am looking for

some
> mid to high end restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

tired puppy

here's vivo's website www.vivo-cleveland.com

tired puppy

here's vivo's website www.vivo-cleveland.com

Robin Lake

Bill Hogsett wrote:

wrote:

>>>I am going to be in Cleveland in a few weeks and I am looking for

>>some
>>
>>>mid to high end restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

> Yes, I have several suggestions for good restaurants in Cleveland. Most
> are in the $50 a person range with wine.
>
> Lola--Maybe my favorite restaurant in town. Great modern American
> cooking. The macaroni and cheese is wonderful.

Check on it. Lola is closing to re-open on E. 4th St. as Lolita.

> Blue Pointe--Downtown and popular seafood restaurant.
>
> Three Birds in Lakewood. Great patio, but not this time of year.
>
> Palmer's--Great reviews, but not one of my favorites.
>
> Johnny's--Often thought to be the best restaurant in town. Haven't eaten
> there in ages.

It's a break the bank place, but the food quality is a bit less than
that IMHO. It's a "power place for power players".

> Parallax (spelling)--Asian--American fusion. Ate there for Valentine's
> Day. Supposedly great sushi, but I am not knowledgeable enough to really
> judge.
>
> Red--New spinoff from Moxie. It's not a steak house, but the certified
> angus beef may be the best steaks in town. I certainly prefer it to Hyde
> Park, Flemings or Ruth Chris. Really high end reserve wine list.
>
> You would almost certainly need reservations for any of these
> restaurants.
>
> Enjoy the city and eat well.
>
> Bill Hogsett

There are four very expensive exceptional places that come to mind:

Classics in the Cleveland Clinic Intercontinental Hotel on Carnegie Ave.
in the East 90's, approx.

There is a mediterranian themed restaurant (can't recall the name) in
the hotel that is in the Terminal Tower at Public Square. Seasonal menu.

Lockkeepers. On Rockside and Canal in Independence (I-77 south of
I-480). They are playing rolling chefs, so on any given day ...

Giovanni's. The best service and stellar Italian food. Richmond Road
and Chagrin in Beachwood. Just west of I-271.

Enjoy,
Rob Lake
Robin Lake