Melba's Jammin'

Default Minneapolis - Bakery on Grand

Just back from lunch. Good chow. Nothing fancy about it. Wood floor,
booths and tables; a separate room and a unisex biffy about 9x11 feet (I
was counting tiles) complete with stool and urinal both.

Husband had their choucroute plate ($12?) -- two different small
sausages, ham, pork, in a mild kraut. Roasted potato wedges. I had the
Croque Monsieur sandwich ($9.50) - very tasty on brioche, accompanied by
a salad of mixed frou-frou greens and 3 little cornichons. Good bread
on the table -- "artisanal" stuff, I'm shooah.

Then there were the gold-plated cookies -- a chocolate chip oatmeal one
with a fair amount of almond extract in it for DH and some walnut
sandwich thang for me -- mine had a sinful ganache filling. Lord, it
melted in the mouth. I think DH's cookie was $2, and mine was $3.
Pretty steep. We'll go again. Oh, they're at 3804 Grand Ave S in
MINNEAPOLIS, not Grand in St. Paul. Nice people, too.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> 2005 Pirohy Marathon pics added 1-23-05.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Alan Moorman
> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:42:00 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Just back from lunch. Good chow. Nothing fancy about it. Wood floor,
> >booths and tables; a separate room and a unisex biffy about 9x11 feet (I
> >was counting tiles) complete with stool and urinal both.
> >
> >Husband had their choucroute plate ($12?) -- two different small
> >sausages, ham, pork, in a mild kraut. Roasted potato wedges. I had the
> >Croque Monsieur sandwich ($9.50) - very tasty on brioche, accompanied by
> >a salad of mixed frou-frou greens and 3 little cornichons. Good bread
> >on the table -- "artisanal" stuff, I'm shooah.
> >
> >Then there were the gold-plated cookies -- a chocolate chip oatmeal one
> >with a fair amount of almond extract in it for DH and some walnut
> >sandwich thang for me -- mine had a sinful ganache filling. Lord, it
> >melted in the mouth. I think DH's cookie was $2, and mine was $3.
> >Pretty steep. We'll go again. Oh, they're at 3804 Grand Ave S in
> >MINNEAPOLIS, not Grand in St. Paul. Nice people, too.

> and the NAME of the restaurant???

The Bakery on Grand. LOL!! Sorry it wasn't clear. (Gives a wave to
Alan!)

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> 2005 Pirohy Marathon pics added 1-23-05.
Ida Slapter

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:18:54 -0600, Alan Moorman >
wrote:

>and the NAME of the restaurant???

she liked the restaurant so well, she bought it!