edspresso

Default Paris Bistros

Will be going to Paris next month and looking for a few bistros for dinner
and maybe lunch.
I have been looking online and the problem is that there are just so many to
choose from.
Can anyone give me a few ideas from personal experience.
I am not looking for the Tour d'Argent type of restaurant, there are too
many good ones in New York.
But looking for the French bistro or brasserie type of place.

Thanks

Hyfler/Rosner

"edspresso" > wrote in message
> Will be going to Paris next month and looking for a few
> bistros for dinner
> and maybe lunch.
> I have been looking online and the problem is that there
> are just so many to
> choose from.
> Can anyone give me a few ideas from personal experience.
> I am not looking for the Tour d'Argent type of restaurant,
> there are too
> many good ones in New York.
> But looking for the French bistro or brasserie type of
> place.
>
> Thanks

Try any restaurant on or near a market street. You won't be
sorry. There's a market in the 7th right around the corner
from the metro stop: Latour Mabourg (I think) and we ate in
a small cafe for lunch right nearby. Fantastic food.

Hyfler/Rosner

"edspresso" > wrote in message
> Will be going to Paris next month and looking for a few
> bistros for dinner
> and maybe lunch.
> I have been looking online and the problem is that there
> are just so many to
> choose from.
> Can anyone give me a few ideas from personal experience.
> I am not looking for the Tour d'Argent type of restaurant,
> there are too
> many good ones in New York.
> But looking for the French bistro or brasserie type of
> place.
>
> Thanks

Try any restaurant on or near a market street. You won't be
sorry. There's a market in the 7th right around the corner
from the metro stop: Latour Mabourg (I think) and we ate in
a small cafe for lunch right nearby. Fantastic food.

Pierre Jelenc

edspresso > writes:
> Will be going to Paris next month and looking for a few bistros for dinner
> and maybe lunch.
> I have been looking online and the problem is that there are just so many to
> choose from.
> Can anyone give me a few ideas from personal experience.
> I am not looking for the Tour d'Argent type of restaurant, there are too
> many good ones in New York.
> But looking for the French bistro or brasserie type of place.

Check out what Clotilde has to say in Chocolate & Zucchini; here the link
to the restaurant reviews:

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/arch...rant_scene.php

And also, ask in her forum:

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/foru...wforum.php?f=4

And read the whole blog regularly, it absolutely lovely!

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
| www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog
Pierre Jelenc

edspresso > writes:
> Will be going to Paris next month and looking for a few bistros for dinner
> and maybe lunch.
> I have been looking online and the problem is that there are just so many to
> choose from.
> Can anyone give me a few ideas from personal experience.
> I am not looking for the Tour d'Argent type of restaurant, there are too
> many good ones in New York.
> But looking for the French bistro or brasserie type of place.

Check out what Clotilde has to say in Chocolate & Zucchini; here the link
to the restaurant reviews:

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/arch...rant_scene.php

And also, ask in her forum:

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/foru...wforum.php?f=4

And read the whole blog regularly, it absolutely lovely!

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
| www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

salibanismail

Why do they visit paris?
salibanismail

Why do they visit paris?

Cheap Airfares to Paris | Discount Flights to Paris | Compare ParisFlights Sify Tripz Tripz Restaurants 0 26-04-2010 02:55 PM
Paris and the Food Alan General Cooking 381 18-09-2009 06:28 PM
Paris? Dave L Tea 10 15-10-2007 03:36 PM
One Day in Paris e. winemonger Wine 14 13-07-2007 03:10 AM
IHT on what's hot in Paris Emery Davis Wine 0 23-09-2005 01:33 PM