Christopher C. Stacy

Carsonia Parker > writes:
> I do tip for takeout depending on the place, usually about 10%. I
> like to establish a good relationship with restaurants I like which
> results in good service when I return.

How about this strategy: when you go fetch your takeout food,
if it's all messed up as you described, complain to the manager
about the problem; if they don't fix it, leave and don't come back.
Be sure to tell all your friends.
There's no shortage of restaurants.
papageno

I CUSTOMARILY DO NOT TIP FOR ANY SERVICE, ANYWHERE -- LIKE 20% OF
AMERICANS. TIPS ARE A *GRATUITY* NOT A REQUIREMENT.

papageno

I CUSTOMARILY DO NOT TIP FOR ANY SERVICE, ANYWHERE -- LIKE 20% OF
AMERICANS. TIPS ARE A *GRATUITY* NOT A REQUIREMENT.

dug88

gratuity is up to you and your god.
change your restaurants often, espewcially if you demand they tote on your
whim and fancy.
your server is your friend.

well, your loss, actually
the bread server, the waiter, and the wine server, notice me when i visit
them, and they EVEN give the cook a hard time to make sure i get good
service.

are 20 percentile of americans too cheap to tip, or where does the numbers
come from.
i assume they do not tip their wives, just beat them often.

and then bitch they have to pay alimony.

a chjeapskate by anyother name is -----------------------.

oups.com...

Tipping at the bar asdf Beer 19 26-11-2006 07:34 AM
Tipping in the US jmcquown General Cooking 36 09-03-2005 02:43 PM
Thank you for not tipping Jessica V. General Cooking 261 01-11-2004 12:02 PM
Tipping - was Tipping on Wine Dick R. Wine 21 26-08-2004 03:05 AM
? about tipping JANIC412 General Cooking 5 17-10-2003 10:47 AM