FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Miami Subs Pita Bread Question (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/440524-re-miami-subs-pita.html)

[email protected] 15-01-2017 06:59 PM

Miami Subs Pita Bread Question

On Saturday, August 16, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ramone wrote:
In Florida, we have a fast-food chain called Miami Subs, or Miami
Grill (depending where you are) which serves a pita bread that I think
is made differently than a traditional pita. Because of the way it is
served, and its looks and texture, I believe it may be poured or
ladled onto a griddle like pancakes, rather than formed into a disk
and baked. Can any ex-employee of this restaurant chain, or someone
close to it, confirm this? Has anyone ever heard of pita made in this
way? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I'd love an answer to that also. Actually, I'd just love to buy this bread by the bag, it's the best flatbread ever. If anyone knows how I can purchase bags of pita by themselves, I'd love to hear it.