estherhoward

Default Trip to NYC

Hello

I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
restaurants. We are
Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

Thanks

Esther

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

>I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
>restaurants. We are
>Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
>2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

http://www.timeoutnewyork.com/
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

>I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
>restaurants. We are
>Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
>2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

http://www.timeoutnewyork.com/
William Prien

For restaurants,to start with I'd recommend Le Cirque,Nobu, Tavern on
the Green, and
Felidia(Italian food in the theater district). There are many others.
For Broadway shows I'd recommend Hairspray,the Producers, Wonderful
Town, Chicago and La Cage aux Folles.
I'll post some more restaurant choices later.

William

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
>restaurants. We are
>Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
>2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

Try Druids Bar and Restaurant

736 10th Ave.
New York , NY 10019
Phone: (212) 307-6410

I liked the creativity and selection of tasty foods and the service was
great.
It's better in the summer when the weather is good because of the
outdoor patio, which is really nice.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
>restaurants. We are
>Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
>2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

Try Druids Bar and Restaurant

736 10th Ave.
New York , NY 10019
Phone: (212) 307-6410

I liked the creativity and selection of tasty foods and the service was
great.
It's better in the summer when the weather is good because of the
outdoor patio, which is really nice.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
>restaurants. We are
>Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
>2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

Try Druids Bar and Restaurant

736 10th Ave.
New York , NY 10019
Phone: (212) 307-6410

I liked the creativity and selection of tasty foods and the service was
great.
It's better in the summer when the weather is good because of the
outdoor patio, which is really nice.
pltrgyst

estherhoward wrote:

> I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
> restaurants. We are
> Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
> 2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

We just returned from the city last night, and for both foodies and
teens, we'd highly recommend "Cookin", the Korean-derived, kitchen-set,
percussion-based show off-Broadway (down in the village). And for
inexpensive food before or after the show, Mario Battali's new
pizza/pasta restaurant, Otto, is just the other side of Washington
Square on 8th St, with its spectacular list of 500+ Italian wines.

Of course, if you like that sort of percussion show, Blue Man Group is
without peer...

We also enjoyed Artisanal, the cheese-centric wine bar and restaurant at
2 Park Ave, with over 200 varieties. And Restaurant Row (w. 46th St,
between 7th and 8th Aves.) is always interesting. There's even an
excellent Chilean restaurant (the only one in NYC) there.

-- Larry

pltrgyst

estherhoward wrote:

> I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
> restaurants. We are
> Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
> 2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.

We just returned from the city last night, and for both foodies and
teens, we'd highly recommend "Cookin", the Korean-derived, kitchen-set,
percussion-based show off-Broadway (down in the village). And for
inexpensive food before or after the show, Mario Battali's new
pizza/pasta restaurant, Otto, is just the other side of Washington
Square on 8th St, with its spectacular list of 500+ Italian wines.

Of course, if you like that sort of percussion show, Blue Man Group is
without peer...

We also enjoyed Artisanal, the cheese-centric wine bar and restaurant at
2 Park Ave, with over 200 varieties. And Restaurant Row (w. 46th St,
between 7th and 8th Aves.) is always interesting. There's even an
excellent Chilean restaurant (the only one in NYC) there.

-- Larry

Dan Checkman

estherhoward > wrote in message >...
> Hello
>
> I was wondering if u guys could recommend Broadway shows and fine
> restaurants. We are
> Montrealers going to New York American Thanksgiving for 4 days..2 teens and
> 2 adults.. My Husband and I collect wine and enjoy fine dining.
>

> Thanks
>
> Esther

Bolo (you might even see Bobby Flay - we did), Tabla, Tamarind, River
Cafe (I think that's the name - it's a barge in Brooklyn right next to
the water taxi stop), Payard. I've had nice meals at all of these
places. Felidia was good too - I think I saw a recommendation for it
from someone else. You can also go to Peter Luger's for a nice steak.
Of all these places, I think I liked the River Cafe the best, but
everyone has their own tastes.
Dan Checkman