FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Max & T's Bar & Grill in Grand Lake Colorado Bad Reviews (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/419643-max-ts-bar-grill.html)

[email protected] 03-09-2012 02:20 PM

Max & T's Bar & Grill in Grand Lake Colorado Bad Reviews

Our family went to Max and T's last weekend after our camping trip. We were looking forward to a wonderful dinner. We walked in because we were appeased by the patio seating. We looked at the menu, and it seemed kind of pricy as well as the fact that we noticed an 18% gratuity for a party of 5, which I thought was unusual because a party of 5 can easily be a small family. Being from the restuarant industry, I thought this was abnormal for a party of 5 because restuarants usually include gratuity for a party of 7+. However, it made sense when our waitress came over with attitude problems. She took our order, a member of our party ordered a glass of wine which came to her half empty only to realize it was given to her to early because the bartender/manager needed to open another wine to fill it up more. We chose to excuse this mishap because the mistake was redeemed.
We ordered spinach and artichoke dip with stale crackers and a dip that looked like baby poop. The "happy" waitress decided to take her time getting our order, especially when I had a 2 year old who was on the verge of a meltdown because he was so hungry, our food was taking forever.
When my husband receieved the soup that we all believed to be Vegetarian we told the waitress that it had chicken in it when she told us it was just a tomato basil soup, she became very defensive and even ruder! She rolled her eyes. When she came back I let her know that I was once a waitress and said it was a good idea to try and fix the mistake without the attitude, she became even more defensive. At this point we tried to find the manager who we noticed was our bartender he came over and we attempted to tell him the situation he said that we needed to leave out the bad language....he was referring to the word..."hell" we were referring it to where we were eating! He then gave us the check to see that it was $95.00. They gave us to go boxes to take our cold and disgusting food home. We couldn't even take the food home it was inedible! I adjusted the ticket, knocked off the 18% gratuity because the service sucked, and knocked off my husbands terrible penne pasta and revised the ticket myself! I gave the cash and ticket to the manager and said I had some discrepencies with the bill....without even looking at my well thought out revisions, he threated me to call the police if I did not pay our bill. We paid in full with our credit card and he continued to insult and demean us in a way we have never been treated! We learn that the bartender was the owner...Max! In the end, we should have let him call the police because we never touched the food and they were the criminals we were the customers trying to have a meal. It is a shame that we had a bad dining experience because Grand Lake is a wonderful place. It is also a shame that in a trying economy like this, you would think owners of restuarants would want to keep cusomers happy...not these people they deserve to go out of business!