Member

Default New Restaurant - Opinions Required!

Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian, Swedish...

As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?

I would be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks, Adam
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article >,
projekt > wrote:

> Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically
> offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian,
> Swedish...
>
> As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to
> see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?
>
> I would be grateful for any feedback,

Not enough information. Too vague. You need to be more specific. I know
nothing about Portuguese and Belgian cuisine. I visited Sweden for once
a few years ago on vacation and I enjoyed it. Swedish food might be
appealing. Are you talking about an Ikea style cafe or something formal,
or in between? When I consider eating at a new restaurant, I look at the
place's menu, prices, and location as key factors in my decision.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Shawn Hirn > wrote:
> In article >,
> projekt > wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically
>> offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian,
>> Swedish...
>>
>> As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to
>> see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?
>>
>> I would be grateful for any feedback,

> Not enough information. Too vague. You need to be more specific. I know
> nothing about Portuguese and Belgian cuisine. I visited Sweden for once
> a few years ago on vacation and I enjoyed it. Swedish food might be
> appealing. Are you talking about an Ikea style cafe or something formal,
> or in between? When I consider eating at a new restaurant, I look at the
> place's menu, prices, and location as key factors in my decision.

Not enough India food, and you can always sell quality seafood at family
prices.

Greg
Member

I was thinking more formal than simply a cafe, but not so formal that families would feel uncomfortable taking their kids to if that makes sense.

On the Indian food point, did you mean in the sense that basically the only Indian food there really is over here is the usual curries, bhajis, poppadoms?
Possibly an expansion into "real" Indian cuisine could work, using the existing popularity of it, but encouraging people to experience proper Indian food.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

projekt > wrote:
> I was thinking more formal than simply a cafe, but not so formal that
> families would feel uncomfortable taking their kids to if that makes
> sense.
>
> On the Indian food point, did you mean in the sense that basically the
> only Indian food there really is over here is the usual curries, bhajis,
> poppadoms?
> Possibly an expansion into "real" Indian cuisine could work, using the
> existing popularity of it, but encouraging people to experience proper
> Indian food.

I ate at a good Indian restaurant. It was lunch buffet, and I got to try
many things. I would not know what to order otherwise. All unusual, tasty,
spicy. I would be hard pressed to know what to order for dinner.
Explanations on the menu for us dummies. Only place I know in the city, and
I don't like to go to the crowded city.

Greg

Member

Nice idea about the menu explanations, I'm sure most people have been into a restaurant and not had a clue what half the dishes were.

About your buffet point, are you suggesting that it would be better to offer a buffet as it does not require choosing? Sorry, I was just a bit unclear about what you meant.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

projekt > wrote:
> Nice idea about the menu explanations, I'm sure most people have been
> into a restaurant and not had a clue what half the dishes were.
>
> About your buffet point, are you suggesting that it would be better to
> offer a buffet as it does not require choosing? Sorry, I was just a bit
> unclear about what you meant.

Right. You get to try what looks interesting.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

projekt > wrote:
> Nice idea about the menu explanations, I'm sure most people have been
> into a restaurant and not had a clue what half the dishes were.
>
> About your buffet point, are you suggesting that it would be better to
> offer a buffet as it does not require choosing? Sorry, I was just a bit
> unclear about what you meant.

Although, it's easier to maintain a decent looking lunch buffet. Over
hours, better stick with fresh stuff.

Greg
Member

Hmm, nice idea about trying the interesting things, I think a lot of decent food goes untried in restaurants due to having to pay for them as meals. But the only point with a buffet is, if, for instance you had an Indian buffet (albeit with a wider range of food), would people perceive it as any different to a standard one? And would most buffet customers even want such a wide range of food? It sounds stereotypical but I've always had the image of buffet customers going to a restaurant just wanting a "decent" meal for a low price, but not necessarily too bothered about food quality, although perhaps I've got this image from experience!
Member

Location: Killorglin, Ireland
Send a message via Skype™ to francomcdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian, Swedish...

As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?

I would be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks, Adam
My advice is to keep it simple if you over-complicate it will wear out the customers. Look at Korean food Options!

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francomcdaddy View Post
My advice is to keep it simple if you over-complicate it will wear out the customers. Look at Korean food Options!
Hi..
I want to Suggest you some tips :

Firstly,Please Concentrate on our budget,then start the project on small basis.If it will grow,then convert into huge level.Because,every small drops of water full the empty pots.Similarly,start with the small level,then you can convert restaurants in huge- level.

Thanks,
marierogen

Member

Location: Seattle
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian, Swedish...

As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?

I would be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks, Adam
So you're trying to get away from what is popular and trying to introduce new things to American diners? That could work. But stick to what you do well. Don't try something different just to be different. Do it only if you do it well. I do like trying something new, which hasn't been offered before; such as Ethiopian, Polish, or Argentinian. I'd like to see an ambience reflecting that culture and a staff knowledgable in the history of the foods they are preparing and serving. Best wishes in your venture.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian, Swedish...

As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?

I would be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks, Adam
Hi there,
I'd love to go to a restaurant which offers a local cuisine from culturally "mixed" places, like Goa (Indian & Portuguese), Gibraltar (British & Spanish), Reunion (African & French), etc.
That would be a breath of fresh air IMHO.

// New Health & Fitness Community: http://mykfit.com/ //

Last edited by von Neumann : 04-01-2013 at 11:36 PM

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Its sound nice that you had an idea to offer alternative cuisine at your restaurant. generally As a customer i would like to prefer delicious Indian food.one has to keep in mind the location and affordable prize of dishes.

one can also have an idea while visiting other restaurants, so visit http://indiantastebuds.com.au/ as it offers delicious food menu at affordable prize with good location.