Old 13-03-2012, 07:36 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

Default Chain Letter

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:20:28 -0400, Ubiquitous wrote:

Now this is a sweet story, from the Associated Press:

A North Dakota newspaper columnist sat down to review her
town's hot new Italian restaurant, rhapsodizing about the
chicken Alfredo, crisp greens and "two long, warm breadsticks."

This is so 27 seconds ago.

Old 13-03-2012, 10:36 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

In article , Mason Barge
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:20:28 -0400, Ubiquitous wrote:

Now this is a sweet story, from the Associated Press:

A North Dakota newspaper columnist sat down to review her
town's hot new Italian restaurant, rhapsodizing about the
chicken Alfredo, crisp greens and "two long, warm breadsticks."

This is so 27 seconds ago.

I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
ago. Finding it online was trivial. Jesus, *this* is what people are
talking about? This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. It's strictly by the
numbers. From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
being 85 years old.

Some people really need to get outside more.

I'm providing the link because you'll probably want to come up with
your own opinion about this. Here's the original column:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/231419/
Old 14-03-2012, 04:43 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

Professor Bubba wrote in
:

I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
ago. Finding it online was trivial. Jesus, *this* is what people are
talking about? This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. It's strictly by the
numbers. From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
being 85 years old.

It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
years ago. Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
Scottish place in town.

Old 14-03-2012, 04:59 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire wrote:
Professor Bubba wrote d:

I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
being 85 years old.

It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
Scottish place in town.

Wait until they bring back the McRib.

Old 14-03-2012, 05:29 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

In article
,
David wrote:

On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire wrote:
Professor Bubba wrote
d:

I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
being 85 years old.

It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
Scottish place in town.

Wait until they bring back the McRib.

She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not. There's
nothing remarkable about this review at all.
Old 14-03-2012, 05:49 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Mar 14, 12:29*am, Professor Bubba
wrote:

She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not.

Maybe they have a standard form to fill out. Like WQ's TV reviews.

Old 14-03-2012, 04:05 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:29:22 -0400, Professor Bubba
wrote:

In article
,
David wrote:

[...]

I can see why people find it amusing and/or charming.
Old 27-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Member

We will be confident in any perspectives and always conscious for well outcomes and resources so be happy and get perfect idea for well accomplishment.
Personal Trainer Leawood

Last edited by John Jolly : 02-04-2012 at 05:49 AM

Chain Letter Michael Black[_2_] Restaurants 2 11-05-2012 02:20 AM
red letter day PeterD General Cooking 1 21-06-2010 10:59 PM
ANZAC Day.... a last letter home. Julana Benaroon General Cooking 0 24-04-2010 06:49 AM
The letter went out today T General Cooking 0 20-11-2006 09:35 PM
To: Gernot Katzer (fan letter of thanks) [email protected] General Cooking 12 14-07-2006 11:27 PM