Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

Default Chain Letter

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:20:28 -0400, Ubiquitous > wrote:

>Now this is a sweet story, from the Associated Press:
>
> A North Dakota newspaper columnist sat down to review her
> town's hot new Italian restaurant, rhapsodizing about the
> chicken Alfredo, crisp greens and "two long, warm breadsticks."

This is so 27 seconds ago.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

In article >, Mason Barge
> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:20:28 -0400, Ubiquitous > wrote:
>
> >Now this is a sweet story, from the Associated Press:
> >
> > A North Dakota newspaper columnist sat down to review her
> > town's hot new Italian restaurant, rhapsodizing about the
> > chicken Alfredo, crisp greens and "two long, warm breadsticks."

> This is so 27 seconds ago.

I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
ago. Finding it online was trivial. Jesus, *this* is what people are
talking about? This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. It's strictly by the
numbers. From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
being 85 years old.

Some people really need to get outside more.

I'm providing the link because you'll probably want to come up with
your own opinion about this. Here's the original column:

<http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/231419/>
Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

Professor Bubba > wrote in
:

> I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
> ago. Finding it online was trivial. Jesus, *this* is what people are
> talking about? This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
> reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. It's strictly by the
> numbers. From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
> Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
> being 85 years old.

It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
years ago. Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
Scottish place in town.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Mar 14, 3:43*am, Tony Calguire > wrote:
> Professor Bubba > wrote d:
>

> > I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
> > ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
> > talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
> > reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
> > numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
> > Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
> > being 85 years old.

> It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
> years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
> Scottish place in town.

Where's the Beef?
Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire > wrote:
> Professor Bubba > wrote d:
>

> > I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
> > ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
> > talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
> > reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
> > numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
> > Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
> > being 85 years old.

> It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
> years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
> Scottish place in town.

Wait until they bring back the McRib.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

In article
David > wrote:

> On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire > wrote:
> > Professor Bubba > wrote
> > d:
> >

> > > I'd never heard of this woman or her review until about twenty minutes
> > > ago. *Finding it online was trivial. *Jesus, *this* is what people are
> > > talking about? *This reads exactly the same as dozens of restaurant
> > > reviews I've seen in the small local paper here. *It's strictly by the
> > > numbers. *From all the buzz, I'd thought the reviewer had gone off on
> > > Olive Garden in some cranky way not inconsistent with the reviewer
> > > being 85 years old.

> > It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
> > years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
> > Scottish place in town.

> Wait until they bring back the McRib.

She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not. There's
nothing remarkable about this review at all.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Mar 14, 12:29*am, Professor Bubba >
wrote:

> She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
> the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
> wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
> They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not.

Maybe they have a standard form to fill out. Like WQ's TV reviews.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:29:22 -0400, Professor Bubba
> wrote:

>In article
>,
>David > wrote:
>
>> On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, Tony Calguire > wrote:
>> > Professor Bubba > wrote
>> > d:

>> > It's funny because she's describing things the rest of the world knew 20
>> > years ago. *Imagine if she wrote about Macdonalds as if it were that new
>> > Scottish place in town.

>> Wait until they bring back the McRib.

>She may be describing things about the Olive Garden that the rest of
>the world knew twenty years ago, but what I'm saying is that what she
>wrote, and the way she wrote it, is typical for a small-town paper.
>They write the same way about every restaurant, chain or not. There's
>nothing remarkable about this review at all.

I can see why people find it amusing and/or charming.
Member

We will be confident in any perspectives and always conscious for well outcomes and resources so be happy and get perfect idea for well accomplishment.
Personal Trainer Leawood

Last edited by John Jolly : 02-04-2012 at 05:49 AM

Chain Letter Michael Black[_2_] Restaurants 2 11-05-2012 02:20 AM
red letter day PeterD General Cooking 1 21-06-2010 10:59 PM
ANZAC Day.... a last letter home. Julana Benaroon General Cooking 0 24-04-2010 06:49 AM
The letter went out today T General Cooking 0 20-11-2006 09:35 PM
To: Gernot Katzer (fan letter of thanks) [email protected] General Cooking 12 14-07-2006 11:27 PM