FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Local Restaurant's "No Kids Allowed" Policy Starts Nationwide Trend (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/409969-local-restaurants-no-kids.html)

Leroy N. Soetoro 06-08-2011 01:58 AM

Local Restaurant's "No Kids Allowed" Policy Starts Nationwide Trend

http://www.wpxi.com/news/28731371/detail.html

MONROEVILLE, Pa. -- Last month, the owner of McDain's restaurant in
Monroeville took a bold move by banning children under 6 years old from
the eatery.

McDain's owner Mike Vuich said since the ban has been in place business
has increased over 20 percent.

Since then, businesses across the country have jumped on the bandwagon.

The no-kids-allowed movement now has its own Facebook page and
restaurants, movie theaters and one airline have enacted similar bans.

Vuich said he thinks he's tapped into anger that's aimed at rude parents,
not kids.

--
Obama's black racist USAG appointee.

Eric Holder, racist black United States Attorney General drops voter
intimidation charges against the Black Panthers, "You are about to be
ruled by the black man, cracker!"

Eric Holder, prejudiced black United States Attorney General settles the
hate crime debate, "Whites Not Protected by Hate Crime Laws."

Nancy Pelosi, Democrat criminal, accessory before and after the fact, to
former House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles B. Rangel of New
York's million dollar tax evasion. On December 3, 2010, Congress voted to
censure Rangel for 11 ethics violations. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
fought removal of Charles B. Rangel from the House Ways and Means
Committee.

Felony President. 18 USC, Sec. 600. Promise of employment or other
benefit for political activity

Obama violated the law by trying to buy Joe Sestak off with a political
appointment in exchange for not pursuing an election bid to replace Arlen
Specter. Obama violated the law by trying to buy former Colorado House
Speaker Andrew Romanoff off last fall to see if he'd be interested in an
administration job -- instead of running against Sen. Michael Bennet.

hotelscyprus 17-08-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy N. Soetoro (Post 1647377)
Local Restaurant's 'No Kids Allowed' Policy Starts Nationwide Trend - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

[...]

I agree this point. But would be great if they educate parents how to make their kinds behave in restaurants.

Golden California Girls 18-08-2011 01:39 AM

On 8/17/11 8:12 AM, hotelscyprus wrote:
> I agree this point. But would be great if they educate parents how to
> make their kinds behave in restaurants.

In general so they don't go join gangs might even be better.

Isaac Gish 07-10-2011 11:04 PM

[quote=Leroy N. Soetoro;1647377]Local Restaurant's 'No Kids Allowed' Policy Starts Nationwide Trend - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

MONROEVILLE, Pa. -- Last month, the owner of McDain's restaurant in
Monroeville took a bold move by banning children under 6 years old from
the eatery.

McDain's owner Mike Vuich said since the ban has been in place business
has increased over 20 percent.

Since then, businesses across the country have jumped on the bandwagon.

The no-kids-allowed movement now has its own Facebook page and
restaurants, movie theaters and one airline have enacted similar bans.

Vuich said he thinks he's tapped into anger that's aimed at rude parents,
not kids.

--
ha, well I definitely know how obnoxious this it is when parents are being rude to their children in public places. Every once in a while I've seen a kid acting up in a restaurant...but really I wouldn't think it'd be so common that they would have to have all children banned. How bout just ask obnoxious parents to leave?

Togarashio 25-10-2012 05:55 AM

I've been thinking, lately, that it would be more profitable to serve two different clientelle by having two different dining areas separated by the kitchen. On one side, the family area, which could include a lot of playthings, such as with Chuck E Cheese. The other side would include a bar which can only allow adults. This way, parents have a place to take their kids AND adults can get away from noisy kids, in the same building.